The SARChI Chair in Higher Education and Human Development Research Program at the University of the Free State offers a limited number of Doctoral Scholarships.
The Doctoral The studentships are available only for motivated and talented South African candidates and international students/fellows. The grant is available for three years, subject to satisfactory performance for the title registration of the fellow’s doctoral study.
Golden opportunity for University of the Free State.
User Review( vote)
Its aim is challenging inequalities in and through higher education for social justice and sustainable human development. The chair strategically aligns work is to guide conversations and choices for research and engagement activities.
Application Deadline: Open
University or Organization: The University of the Free State
Course Level: Doctoral Degree
Award: R180 000
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: Varies
Nationality: All South African and foreign nationals
The award can be taken in South Africa
Eligible Countries: All South African and foreign nationals can apply for this application
Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded in any Doctoral Degree subject offered by the university.
Admissible Criteria: This is open to all South African and foreign nationals for full-time research at the University of the Free State. Prospective fellows need to meet the following criteria:
- Graduated with a Master’s degree in a relevant discipline within the last five years and a minimum average grade of 70%.
- Successful applicants may not hold full-time salaried employment during the fellowship.
- Successful applicants must be able to relocate to the UFS for the duration of the fellowship.
- Applicants may also need to provide a SAQA verification certificate.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be admitted into the program, Applicants must be registered and reside as a full-time doctoral research fellow at the UFS and participate in relevant HEHD activities and the School of Postgraduate Studies. After that, you need to email the following documentation to Prof Melanie Walker- Email: [email protected]
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must have submitted a motivation letter, a 6-10 page outline of your proposed doctoral research including aim, research questions, a preliminary literature review, and methods, a CV including any research publications, conference papers and grants, Transcripts of academic record and copy of Master’s degree certificate, Copy of ID document, and Contact details of two academic referees.
- Language Requirements: If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
- Benefits: Applicants will receive R180 000 annual fellowship (Note that registration fees are deducted annually), which includes R 30,000 for research expenses.