The Health Economics and HIV/AIDS Research Division (HEARD) based at the University of KwaZulu-Natal is proudly offering its PhD Positionsfor the academic year of 2019-2020.
Citizens of all African countries are invited to apply for this study award. Female candidates and, in the case of South Africa, those from previously disadvantaged backgrounds, are especially encouraged to apply.
Excellent chance for all African countries.
User Review( votes)
HEARD’s mission is to influence and support evidence-based policy and good practice to more effectively address Africa’s health. They development issues and contributes to achieving health and sustainable development across the continent.
Application Deadline: 30 January 2020
University or Organization: University of KwaZulu-Natal
Course Level: Master’s Degree
Award: R540, 000
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: Varies
Nationality: All African countries
The award can be taken in South Africa
Eligible Countries: All African countries students can apply for this application
Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded in any Master’s Degree subject offered by the university.
- Applicants must be holding a Master’s Degree in a pertinent subject or a first or upper second class degree together with a track record of professional experience in a health o health-related field.
- Candidates must have demonstrable research experience.
- Undertake to register for a PhD dissertation (full time) at the University of KwaZulu–Natal (UKZN).
- Students make a commitment to remain on the African continent for at least TWO years after graduation.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants need to take admission to the university. After taking admission, all students automatically considered for this study program. Applicants in the process of completing a Master’s degree will not be considered. The first scholarship tranche will be released on proof of PhD registration and the opening of a South African bank account.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must have submitted a letter of motivation and CV, a certified copy of your ID/passport, Two letters of reference, Certified copies of both your academic qualifications and your full academic records,
- Language Requirements: Applicants must comply with the general English language test requirement Academic IELTS 6.5 (or TOEFL iBT of 90) and an additional 6.0 (TOEFL iBT 20) on the sub-score of speaking skills.
- The value of each scholarship is R540, 000 and will be paid in equal tranches over three years and payments will be conditional on research progress.
- Successful candidates are required to be based in Durban, South Africa, for the duration of the program, with the exception of the time during which they may undertake field research elsewhere.