The School of Modern Languages and Cultures (SMLC) is offering one Dr Peter Davies funding for a one-year Masters by research. The grant is open to students for pursuing research in Modern Languages and Cultures.
The University of Glasgow is the fourth oldest university in the English-speaking world and one of Scotland’s four ancient universities. It was founded in 1451.
User Review( votes)
If English is not your first language you will need to meet the university’s English language requirements for postgraduate courses.
- Application Deadline: May 31, 2018
- Course Level: award is available for pursuing research programme.
- Study Subject: The successful candidate will undertake postgraduate research in one of the following areas: Comparative Literature, French, German, Hispanic Studies, Italian, Slavonic Languages and Cultures, Text/Image Studies, Translation Studies.
Award: the program (an award of £5000) is open to students of any nationality and is intended to cover tuition fees (at the Home/EU rate only) with the remainder contributing to maintenance, and will be tenable from 1st October 2018.
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, England, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Northern Ireland, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Scotland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Wales.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have masters degree.
- English Language Requirements: If English is not your first language you will need to meet the university’s English language requirements for postgraduate courses.
As part of your application you will be required to upload the following documentation:
- Atranscript of your degree results
- Two references
- A research proposal of around 1000 words have made reference to our Guidelines for Research Proposals
- A sample of your academic writing (e.g. an essay or a chapter from a thesis, etc)
How to Apply:
Before applying for the Dr Peter Davies scholarship, students should have applied for and received a conditional or unconditional acceptance for their proposed programme of study through the online application process.