Awards are another resource to help students afford the degree. Therefore, the University of South Australia is offering the Dr Terry Farquharson Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Science Scholarships.
The Dr Terry Farquharson Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Science Scholarship aim to support commencing and continuing UniSA undergraduate pharmacy and pharmaceutical science students from an international background.
Applicants from across the world will get to win up to $5,000 in Australia.
User Review( votes)
The University of South Australia, founded in 1991, is a public research university in the Australian state of South Australia. With approximately 32,000 students, it is the largest university in South Australia and a founding member of the Australian Technology Network. It provides educational programmes that will enrich the wider community’s diverse cultural life.
Why study at the University of South Australia? The University of South Australia is a globally connected and engaged university with inventive and adventurous teaching and research that is informed by industry. The university is young, innovative, and offers students the opportunity to gain real-world experience. It is ranked second in Australia for quality education and has 100 percent of assessed research rated at or above world-class. It also enables students to successfully advance their careers in their chosen fields.
Application Deadline: Applications are open for the academic year 2022-2023.
- University or Organization: University of South Australia
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: $5,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from around the world.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science, Bachelor of Pharmacy (Honours), Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science, Bachelor of Pharmacy (Honours).
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Be from an international background (international student, refugee background, recent migrant).
- Be enrolled in an eligible pharmacy or pharmaceutical science program.
- Be a commencing or continuing full-time student.
- Demonstrate financial need.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply, applicants must have to enroll in the undergraduate degree Online applications must be submitted via my scholarships.
- Supporting Documents: Submit a written statement supporting their application. Applicants are required to provide a written statement (maximum 500 words) outlining:
- Reasons for studying their UniSA pharmacy or pharmaceutical science program and how the degree supports their aspirations including career goals.
- Details of status as an international student, person of refugee background, or recent migrant.
- Financial circumstances enable the selection panel to assess financial needs.
- Academic achievements, including:
- o Commencing students – university entrance score and details
- o Continuing students – cumulative Grade Point Average and courses completed to date.
- Work history, community involvement, and extracurricular activities.
- The name of any scholarships or grants currently held
- Admission Requirements: Students must have successfully completed an Australian Year 12 program or an equivalent program in your home country or a recognized pathway or foundation studies program.
- Language Requirement: The following English tests are accepted by the University of South Australia
- IELTS – Academic
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic
- The teaching of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) – PBT and iBT
- The University of Cambridge – ESOL Examinations for the Certificate of Proficiency in English (CEP) or the Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)
- Occupational English Test (OET) – accepted for Health Science programs
The University of South Australia will provide the amount of $5,000, payable in two equal installments of $2,500 direct to the student following each census date.