Do you want to pursue a PhD degree at a recognized university in Australia? If so, then you must take a look at the PhD Scholarship in WASM Minerals Energy, and Chemical Engineering offered by Curtin University.
The successful candidate will investigate the corrosion behavior of high-strength low alloy steels and/or additively manufactured next-generation materials that are attractive to the oil and gas industry. State-of-the-art characterization techniques will be used to detect the microstructures, mechanisms that affect the corrosion behavior, and the mechanical behavior of materials in various corrosive environments.
With the help of this scholarship, you can fund your PhD-level education at Curtin University.
User Review( votes)
Curtin University is a public research university in Western Australia ranked 34th in the Young University Rankings 2020. Its grand vision is to change minds, lives, and the world through leadership, innovation, and teaching and research excellence.
Why study at Curtin University? Curtin University is a globally recognized institute leader in research and education. CU provides students with programmes that are rich in interactions and allow them to experience personalized learning. Curtin graduates embrace challenges and continue to develop their skills to become future leaders.
Application Deadline: The last date to apply for the scholarship is March 25, 2022
- University or Organization: Curtin University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: $28,854 per annum
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from around the world
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded to the Faculty of Science & Engineering
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Master’s degree or bachelor’s degree with first or upper second class honors in Materials Science and Engineering, or an equivalent discipline.
- The candidate is expected to have a strong background in materials science and engineering. Background in mechanical testing and corrosion is also advantageous for this opened position.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants must enroll in the PhD degree programme at the university.
- Supporting Documents: Send your expression of interest with your CV, publication list, and English score to Dr. Thaneshan Sapanathan, e-mail [email protected]
- Admission Requirements: The successful candidate must meet the minimum academic entry requirement for admission into the Doctor of Philosophy program
- Language Requirement: Students must have IELTS, Overall 6.5, the minimum for each band for Reading, Listening, Speaking and Writing of 6.0 or TOEFL, Overall 79, Reading, 13, Listening 13, Speaking 18, Writing 21.
The successful candidate will receive a stipend of $28,854 per annum pro rata (tax-free). It will be indexed annually. This amount might be topped up to $35,000 per year by the Curtin Corrosion Centre’s Director based on the qualifications of the applicant.