The Edith Cowan University is dispensing a marvellous opportunity through its Vice Chancellor’s PhD by Research funding for the academic year 2021-2022. The educational award is available for domestic and international students.
The scholarship aims to support excellent students who want to commence PhD research in autonomous navigation of AI-powered ground vehicles in natural environments.
The Edith Cowan University is an Australian well-known university that has achieved five-star results in at least one measure across 15 different fields of study. It offers innovative and practical courses across a variety of disciplines and they have a vibrant research culture.
Why would you like to study at Edith Cowan University? The university is committed to widening participation and breaking down barriers that restrict entry to education. Here students get an enriching and supportive environment to focus on the development of particular skills.
Application Deadline: July 31, 2020
- University or Organization: Edith Cowan University
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: $28,420
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD research program in autonomous navigation of AI-powered ground vehicles in natural environments.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must have a BSc (Honours)/MSc/MPhil (with a significant research project component) in Computer Science, Mechatronics, Robotics, Electronics Engineering, Automation, or a related subject.
- Have a strong theoretical and applied knowledge in machine learning, as well as good programming skills in Python/ MATLAB/C++ or other languages of choice.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: If you want to be enlisted in this educational program, then you are recommended to take admission PhD research program at Edith Cowan University. After being registered, candidates must send their expression of interest to Dr Jumana Abu-Khalaf (j.abukhalaf-at-ecu.edu.au). Put “Autonomous Navigation of AI-powered Ground Vehicles in Natural Environments – PhD Application” in the subject line.
- Supporting Documents: Your expression of interest should include a cover letter that includes a brief statement of your suitability, a brief CV containing your contact details and academic transcripts.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants will need to meet the academic entry requirements of the program.
- Language Requirement: Students from outside the home country will need to demonstrate their English competency to enter any of the courses.
Eligible candidates will receive a 3-year funding for a stipend of $28,420 per year (full-time), with a possible 6-month extension.