Scholarships help strengthen your academic and career goals by removing financial barriers. In order to cover study expenses, the University of Edinburgh is offering the School of GeoSciences Sustainability International Scholarships for the session 2020/21.
The educational program supports overseas students who want to master’s degree program at the University of Edinburgh in the United Kingdom.
Wonderful opportunity for international students to study masters degree.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1582, the University of Edinburgh is one of Scotland’s ancient universities that offer various undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs for international students.
Why study at the University of Edinburgh? The University provides candidates opportunities to grow their career through leadership training. Here students will have a range of ways to study, from on-campus taught programs to online part-time study.
Application Deadline: July 1, 2020
- University or Organization: University of Edinburgh
- Department: School of GeoSciences
- Course Level: Masters
- Award: £2,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 5
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in UK
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: MSc Applied Geosciences (Geoenergy), MSc Carbon Management, MSc Earth Observation, and Geoinformation Management, MSc Ecological Economics, MSc Energy, Society and Sustainability, MSc Environment and Development, MSc Environment, Culture and Society, MSc Environmental Protection and Management, MSc Environmental Sustainability, MSc Food Security, MSc Geographical Information Science, MSc Geographical Information Science and Archaeology, MSc Marine Systems and Policies, MSc Soils and Sustainability, and MSc Sustainable Plant Health.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must have to meet the following criteria:
- Hold a degree in an appropriate subject, with an excellent or very good classification (equivalent to first or upper second class honours in the UK).
How to Apply
- How to Apply: If you want to be enlisted in this educational program, then you are recommended to take admission in the master’s degree coursework at the University of Toronto. After being registered, candidates must complete the online award application form which can be accessed via MyEd web-based information portal at https://www.myed.ed.ac.uk. When logging in to MyEd, you will need your University User Name and password. If you require assistance, please go to http://www.ed.ac.uk/student-systems/support-guidance.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants are required to submit a personal statement of no more than 500 words describing a specific sustainability issue they will strive to champion during and after their time in Edinburgh. The statement should also include information regarding any relevant work experience or internships/ volunteering which supports this issue. Also submit a 500-word blog post midway through their program of studies, describing their experience as an Edinburgh student.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, applicants must check the entry requirements of the program.
- Language Requirement: If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency. For more information go through the English language requirements page.
The University of Edinburgh will provide five scholarships worth £2,000 towards tuition fees of the master’s degree programs for the academic year 2020-2021.