The new Edufrica Home and Overseas Scholarships is now available on offer for African Students for the academic year 2018/2019.
The scholarship aims to support students who demonstrate the greatest potential to excel in their chosen field of study, and have a positive impact on society.
User Review( votes)
Edufrica is an online multimedia platform, which addresses the informational and planning needs of African scholars and students in Africa and overseas. It is a registered in Nigeria with the Corporate Affairs Commission. While our effort is an African-centered educational journalism, we understand that our users require more than news to be competitive in their fields.
- Application Deadline: July 25, 2018
- Course Level: The Edufrica award is an annual scholarship open to students in undergraduate, master’s, MBA and PhD programmes within and outside Africa
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded to learn any of the courses offered by the university.
- Three $250 scholarships for Africa-based students: One shall be awarded each at undergraduate, masters and PhD levels.
- Three $500 scholarships for overseas-based students: We will strive to distribute The grants between different geographical locations. Students studying in any continent besides Africa can apply.
- One $250 hardship fund: This is open to overseas-based African students who run into unexpected hardships and need some support to pull through. Priority will be given to students in their final year of study or those undertaking big projects.
- Nationality: African students are eligible to apply.
- The award can be taken in Africa and overseas
Eligible Countries: African students are eligible to apply.
Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this application you must meet the following requirements:
- Academic excellence: This is the most important consideration for the opportunity . We will select those who have demonstrated excellence in their studies.
- Service to the community: Applicants should demonstrate ways they have contributed to their community. Both community and contribution are defined very broadly and
- Citizenship: An applicant must be a citizen of an African country; if you are studying overseas, you must be doing so as an international student with your home country’s passport.
- Permanent residents of non-African countries do not qualify.
- You must have spent at least one year in your current program and be able to produce transcripts if shortlisted.
- You must complete all sections of the application form and be ready to produce documents for your claims (e.g. proof of registration at a university)
- You must be registered in an accredited university either in Africa or overseas and be enrolled full time in the university.
- Your essays must be within the word limit. One of the ways to demonstrate intelligence is to communicate concisely and effectively. We won’t be impressed by flowery language. Keep it short and straightforward.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Complete the application form. As part of the application process, you also need to submit one essay. Write an essay discussing your dream for the continent or your country and your role in it. What do you wish to see? What do you wish different stakeholders on the continent would do? What do you want to do after graduation? (max. 500 words) Hardship scholarship only: Please describe the nature of the hardship and why you do not have any other way of raising funds to address it.