Tohoku University in partnership with Kamenori Foundation is offering the Emergency International Student Support Fund for the academic year 2021-2022.
The fund is set up with an aim to foster friendly relations and mutual understanding through exchange of youth with the eligible countries. Applicants from those countries who wish to undertake a master or doctoral programme at Tohoku will be entitled to receive a certain sum of money in lump sum for the complete duration of the chosen course.
Recognized internationally for its outstanding standards in education and research, Tohoku University is a Japanese national university that strives to create the next generation of leaders through academic excellence and inspiring innovative research.
Why choose to study at Tohoku University? Tohoku University is committed to the “Research First” principle and has continued to find ways to improve lives around the world by grooming the next generation of leaders, and arming them with the most innovative technology that the world’s best research teams can produce. It has risen drastically since its establishment to meet the global standards of education and research. The university ensures that the students get a very personalized learning environment. It possesses an active and highly engaged faculty that transforms into results.
Application Deadline: 30th June, 2021
- University or Organization: Tohoku University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Master and Doctorate
- Award: 200,000 YEN
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Japan
- Eligible Countries: Cambodia, Brunei, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Any master or doctorate programme in humanities and social science offered at Tohoku is eligible to apply for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants are required to be enrolled and accepted by the university.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants must fill the form and apply for the desired programme at Tohoku. The applicants must submit the application form along with a photocopy of the residence card to [email protected].
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Motivation letter
- Graduate certificate
- Personal statement of purpose
- Two letters of recommendation
- Admission Requirements: The applicants are required to hold a supporting undergraduate degree with above average grades.
- Language Requirement: The applicants must have attained minimum required scores in the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.0
- TOEFL IBT – 79
- TOEFL PBT – 550
- TOEIC – 730
- CAE – Grade C
The students that will be selected by Tohoku University will e given 200,000 YEN towards any master or doctorate programme undertaken at the university.