The EMA Education Fund Awards were generously funded by the Emergency and Health Services Commission for the purpose of supporting the education of Emergency Medical Assistants in British Columbia.
The fund provides awards to students enrolled in institutions in the province of BC for Emergency Medical Assistance (EMA) programs that have been approved by the EMA Licensing Board.
User Review( votes)
The EMA awards will help support paramedic students in obtaining their PCP or ACP licenses and increase the number of PCP-licensed paramedics living and working in rural or remote areas of British Columbia as well as the number of ACP-licensed paramedics in all of British Columbia.
- Application Deadline: June 30, 2019
- Course Level: The studentships are available to pursue Emergency Medical Assistant (EMA) degree program.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
- Award: $5,000 each award for Primary Care Paramedic Program (PCP). Approximately 50 awarded annually.
- Number of Awards: Not known.
- Nationality: The grant is available for Canadian citizens.
- The award can be taken in Canada
Eligibility for the opportunity :
- Eligible Countries: The grant is available for Canadian citizens.
- Entrance Requirements:
- Applicants must be enrolled in a full or part-time Emergency Medical Assistant (EMA) program in BC that is approved by the EMA Licensing Board and at a school that is a qualified done as defined by the Canada Revenue Agency.
- Preferential consideration will be given to BCEHS employees who are currently working in the public sector in rural, remote, and northern BC.
- ACP applicants must be an employee of BCEHS.
- Applicants must provide proof of participation in student and/or community activities.
- Applicants must be Canadian citizens, permanent residents or protected persons who are residents of BC.
- Applicants must document financial need by completing an application form and signing a declaration.
- Applicants who have received the EMA EF Award for PCP and were required to withdraw/exit are ineligible to re-apply for the award for retaking that program.
- Applicants who have received the award for ACP and were required to withdraw/exit will only be eligible for the amount not awarded during the first attempt at the program
How to Apply:
- All applicants must complete and submit the application form for consideration by the program panel. The university will aim to inform all candidates if their application has been considered successful by the closing date. All unsuccessful candidates will be written to after this date.
- The University must support and validate your application for it to be considered by the program panel.
- If you have any questions about your eligibility or are having difficulty applying, please contact the university’s international team by email.