The Chinese University of Hong Kong supported by HKSAR Government Scholarship Fund is offering Endeavour Merit Award to pursue the postsecondary degree program. The Award is available to Hong Kong and International students.
The aim of the scholarship is to give recognition to the extra efforts made by meritorious students with the special educational needs (SEN) in overcoming various challenges so as to pursue post-secondary education.
The Chinese University of Hong Kong is a public research university in Shatin, Hong Kong formally established in 1963 by a charter granted by the Legislative Council of Hong Kong.
• Applications Deadline: December 12, 2018
• Course Level: Award is available to pursue a post-secondary education.
• Study Subject: Award is awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
• Scholarship Award: The amount of each award will be HK$10,000 for both local and non-local students at all levels. Students may only be awarded either HKSAR Government Scholarship for outstanding performance or Endeavour Merit Award in the academic year 2018/19. However, they may be awarded other scholarships/awards under the HKSAR Government Scholarship Fund, such as Talent Development Scholarship and Reaching Out Award, in the same academic year.
• Nationality: Hong Kong and International students.
• Number of Scholarships: Not specified
• Scholarship can be taken in Hong Kong
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: The Award is available to Hong Kong and International students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Applicants must be postgraduate or undergraduate students studying full-time publicly-funded degree or above level programmes.
• Applicants should achieve satisfactory academic attainment which is detailed below:
– First-year applicants should have satisfactory academic results during secondary / post-secondary education, including public examinations.
– Second-year or above applicants should have attained a cumulative GPA of not less than 2.5 or equivalent at the time of application.
• Applicants should be able to provide evidence of their special educational need.
• Local and non-local students will compete on an equal basis.
• Incoming exchange students not pursuing an entire programme at CUHK are NOT eligible for the? award.
English Language Requirements: Applicants should have attained an acceptable level of proficiency in the English language. Below are the minimum required scores or grades for some of the more common acceptable examinations.
How to Apply:
Completed application should be submitted in person to the Scholarships and Financial Aid Section, Office of Admissions and Financial Aid, Room 1202, 12/F, Yasumoto International Academic Park during office hours (Monday – Friday 8:45 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. except Public Holidays) on or before 12 December 2018. If you have difficulty in submitting your application to our Office in person, please contact Ms. Angel Au as early as possible as AND no later than 12 December 2018. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
1. The application form should be typed in English and signed. A handwritten form will NOT be accepted. If the item(s) in the form is/are not applicable, “N/A” should be marked.
2. One confidential letter of recommendation from a teacher of CUHK should be addressed to the Selection Panel of Endeavour Merit Award and printed on appropriate letterhead paper.
3. Proofs on academic attainment
(i) For Year 1 undergraduates students:
– Photocopies of academic reports from Secondary 5 to Secondary 6 or 7 (or equivalent) issued by the secondary school.
– Photocopies of public examination report(s), i.e. HKDSE, IB, GCE A-Level, etc.
– Photocopies of graduation certificate AND academic transcripts for the previous Associate Degree / Higher Diploma (if applicable)
– A photocopy of CUHK student card
(ii) For Year 1 postgraduate students:
– Photocopies of graduation certificate AND academic transcripts for the previous degrees
– A photocopy of admission notification of the current postgraduate programme OR CUHK student card
(iii) For Year 2 or above students: A printed copy of academic transcript obtained from the Chinese University Student Information System (CUSIS). Please refer to the computer-based training on CUSIS Student Functions (http://www.cuhk.edu.hk/cusis/login/howto/cbt-student/8eng.html) for viewing and downloading the PDF version of the academic transcript from CUSIS.
4. Photocopies of academic transcript with Explanation Notes of Grading System on an Exchange Programme during your undergraduate / postgraduate studies (if applicable). Any downloaded transcripts are not accepted.
5. The most recent documentary proof of special educational needs (SEN), e.g. medical report and supporting documents from clinic/hospital, assessment report issued by Education Bureau, approval letter for disability allowance, etc.
II Documents other than those listed above will not be accepted.
III Please do NOT use a digital camera or smartphone to take a snapshot of the supporting documents. Otherwise, these supporting documents may be considered invalid.
IV Any non-English supporting documents should be issued in the original language and accompanied by an English translation.
V Please note that the Scholarships and Financial Aid Section of the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid and/or HKSAR Government will request applicants to submit other supporting documents for information if deemed necessary.