Heriot-Watt University is delighted to announce the EPS PG Research James Watt International Scholarships for high-achieving candidates. The university is now accepting applications for the academic year 2022-2023.
The educational program is open to UK and EU students who want to undertake the EPS PG Research degree coursework at the university. It generally provides an annual stipend payment of around £15,609 and covers tuition fees for 3 to 3.5 years.
Heriot-Watt University is the UK’s eighth oldest institution of higher education and provides EPS PG Research James Watt International Scholarships program for deserving students in the UK.
User Review( votes)
Heriot-Watt University is a public research university based in Edinburgh, Scotland. It was established in 1821 as the School of Arts of Edinburgh, the world’s first mechanics’ institute, and subsequently granted university status. This university was provided with its university status by royal charter in 1966. It is the eighth-oldest higher education institute in the UK.
Why choose Heriot-Watt University for study? By studying at Heriot-Watt, you will join a community of over 27,000 students and an alumni network of over 135,000 worldwide. Here, students enjoy the dedicated classroom, ICT, computer, library, and counseling facilities. It provides various undergraduate and research programs to students and offers postgraduate courses at PG, Research, and MSc. It is especially famous for its educational environment and opportunities.
Application Deadline: Applications must be received by Monday 28th February 2022.
- University or Organization: Heriot-Watt University
- Department: School of Engineering & Physical Sciences
- Course Level: Research program
- Award: £15,609 and cover tuition fees
- Number of Awards: Up to 40
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Applications only from the UK and EU students will be accepted.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Scholarships are available for pursuing a PG research program.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Scholarships are awarded in the School of Engineering & Physical Sciences.
- Must be UK and EU citizens.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: When applying through the Heriot-Watt online system, please ensure you provide the following information:
- In ‘Study Option.’
- You will need to select ‘Edinburgh’ and ‘Postgraduate Research.’ ‘Programme’ presents you with a drop-down menu. Choose Chemistry Ph.D., Physics Ph.D., Chemical Engineering Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering Ph.D., Bio-science & Bio-Engineering Ph.D. or Electrical Ph.D. as appropriate and select September 2022 for study option (this can be updated at a later date if required)
- in ‘Research Project Information’
- You will be provided with a free text box for details of your research project. Enter the Title and Reference number of the project you are applying for and enter the potential supervisor’s name.
- This information will greatly assist us in tracking your application.
- Please note that it will not be considered once you have submitted your application until you have uploaded your CV and transcripts.
- Applications must be made through the Heriot-Watt online application system. After that is complete, the apply scholarships form at the university.
- Supporting Documents: While applying to the university, the candidates might be asked to submit their copies of academic transcripts, language ability proof, curriculum vitae, and a copy of the passport.
- Admission Requirements: All applicants must have or expect to have a 1st class MChem, MPhys, MSci, MEng, or equivalent degree by autumn 2022-2023. Selection will be based on academic excellence and research potential. All short-listed applicants will be interviewed and open to UK applicants and EU students who meet residency requirements set out by EPSRC. For some projects, applications may be accepted for exceptional overseas applicants.
- Language Requirement: If your first language is not English, you must demonstrate that your English language ability is strong enough to succeed in your program.
Heriot-Watt University provides an annual stipend payment of approximately £15,609 to cover tuition fees for 3 to 5 years.