The EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training (CDT) in partnership with King’s College London and Imperial College London is offering Studentships in Smart Medical Imaging for brilliant candidates.
This education fund is available for international students and aims to support them in pursuing a postgraduate research program for the session 2021/2022.
Nice offer for eligible students
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1994, The Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council is a British Research Council that offers various funding opportunities and routes available to support world-leading research and training.
Why should apply for the program? This program is a dedicated training programme in transferable skills, responsible research and innovation, and entrepreneurship. Here, students will get a supportive and exciting environment for the research study.
Application Deadline: April 19, 2021
- Organization: The EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training (CDT)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postgraduate Research
- Award: £17,285
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the United Kingdom
- Eligible Countries: Applications are open to EU/EEA/Swiss students are eligible to apply for EPSRC funding
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: These financial aid positions will be awarded for Postgraduate Research in Smart Medical Imaging.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet have a 1st class or upper second degree or Distinction in relevant subjects, including mathematics, computer science, engineering, physics, chemistry, biochemistry, or biology, is required.
PhD Candidates with a strong interest and high potential in multi-disciplinary research and training in medical imaging.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for the programme, candidates should follow the steps below:
- Available projects: After confirming your eligibility for our programme, you need to choose which of our available projects you would be interested in studying. Only projects with prefix 2021_ are on offer for September 2021 entry. You will be asked to list three projects in order of preference.
- Apply for Biomedical Engineering and Imaging Science Research MPhil/PhD (Full-time) using our online application portal: Applicants must complete and submit an online admissions application, via the King’s Apply system. You will need to register an account to log onto the system.
- Supporting Documents: International students must have an internationally-recognized English language qualification for the opportunity.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, candidates must have the right undergraduate degree.
- Language Requirement: Candidates must have a good command of English and be able to apply this in an academic environment. Therefore, candidates who have not been educated in English will usually be required to provide certificated proof of competence in English before starting their studies. Candidates should have an IELTS score of 6.5 overall with a minimum of 6.0 in each skill or a TOEFL iBT score of 92 overall with a minimum of 23 in writing and 20 in each of the other skills.
The centre will fund around studentships each year. Each studentship will be funded for 4 years. This includes tuition fees, stipend and generous project consumables.
- Stipend: Students will receive a tax-free stipend of £17,285 (the academic year 2021-22, subject to indexation) as a living allowance.
- Research Training Support Grant (RTSG): A generous project allowance will be provided for research consumables and for attending UK and international conferences.