The University of Leeds is seeking high-performing aspirants to take part in the EPSRC Fully-funded PhD International Scholarships programme in the UK.
There are four awards available to support excellent domestic and international students who want to commence a PhD degree programme at the University of Leeds.
Fabulous chance to become a part of this PhD scholarship programme in the UK.
User Review( vote)
The University of Leeds is a public research university in Leeds, West Yorkshire, England. In 1874, the Yorkshire College of Science was founded. In 1884, he united with Yorkshire College and was renamed Yorkshire College (established in 1831).
Why study at the University of Leeds? Leeds is more than capable of giving the best university experience to students from all around the world. Students will have access to some amazing learning and entertainment facilities here, ensuring that they play as hard as they study.
Application Deadline: Applicants must submit all required application materials until 25 February 2022
- University: University of Leeds
- Department: Institute for Transport Studies, School of Earth and Environment, School of Food Science and Nutrition, School of Geography
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: Fully-funded
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 4
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Open to all nationalities, including the UK
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD scholarship will be awarded in the Faculty of Environment.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible for the PhD programme, Applicants to research degree programmes should normally have at least a first-class or an upper second class British Bachelors Honours degree (or equivalent) in an appropriate discipline. Each advertised project will include information about the required or desired background or entry requirements for that specific research degree project.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for this scholarship, you should first apply for a place on the PhD programme at Leeds University.
- Supporting Documents: you will need to provide: a CV; a supporting statement (no longer than one A4 page saying why you are applying for this project and how your skills map onto the requirements of the research project); transcripts and degree certificates of both Bachelors and Masters degree programmes that you hold; and, two academic references and email directly to [email protected]
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, you will need to entry the requirement.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language, you’ll need to produce evidence of a language qualification before registration as a postgraduate researcher.
- They will accept the following qualifications and scores:
- IELTS: 6.0 overall with at least 5.5 in all components.
- TOEFL IBT (Internet-based TOEFL): 87 with a minimum score of 20 in listening and reading, 21 in writing, and 22 in speaking.
- A postgraduate degree from a majority English-speaking country. The duration of the degree must be at least 12 months and awarded less than two years and four months from the proposed start date of the PhD.
- An undergraduate degree from a majority English-speaking country. The duration of the degree must be at least two academic sessions and be awarded less than 2 years and four months from the proposed start date of the PhD.
- Other English language qualifications are also accepted.
The University of Leeds will provide a fully-funded scholarship that includes full tuition fees, stipend at the UK research councils rate (UK Sterling 15,840 for 2022/23), and a research training and support grant (around UK Sterling 4,000).