The University of Manchester is excited to announce the Equity and Merit programme for the deserving students for the academic year 2020/21.
There are 27 scholarships available to support academically excellent young professionals from Rwanda, Uganda, Ethiopia and Tanzania to undertake master’s degrees at the university.
Founded in 2004, the University of Manchester has a full range of on-campus health facilities with doctors, nurses and dentists. It offers best management quality for learning opportunities available to students.
Why at the University of Manchester? At this university, students will quickly develop skills and gain exposure to experiences that will set you apart in the jobs market. these endowments provide support for the full living costs, while the university covers the student’s tuition fees.
Application Deadline: January 2, 2020
- University: University of Manchester
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Master’s
- Award: Full tuition fees
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 27
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Available to students from Rwanda, Uganda, Tanzania and Ethiopia.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Have at least 18 months’ work experience (this includes unpaid internships or voluntary work);
- Hold a bachelor’s degree with an overall grade of excellent, or preferably a master’s degree. The awards are for academically outstanding students and typically this means that you are in the top 10% of your class;
- Be a resident citizen of Ethiopia and have not previously studied outside Africa;
- Be committed to returning home and able to demonstrate the potential to make a positive impact on the future of Ethiopia;
- Have a clear idea of how studying in Manchester will benefit both your career and the wider community.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: There is a clear separation between the process of awarding the grants and our admissions procedure. The studentships are awarded entirely on merit. It is not necessary to have an academic offer of admission to apply for the opportunity.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the previous transcripts at the university.
- Admission Requirements: For admission, applicants must have an undergraduate degree from a recognized university.
- Language Requirement: An IELTS certificate is not required at the time of application. If you are shortlisted for the opportunity, you will be asked to take the IELTS test. English language requirements vary by course, but in most cases, you will need a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 (with no sub-test less than 5.5) or TOEFL 570 (90 IBT) to go through to the final selection round.
The University covers the tuition fee in full and the generosity of donors pays for students’ living expenses, return international airfares and visas.