The University of Lausanne is offering PhD Positions in Cancer and Immunology within the Faculty of Biology and Medicine. These positions are available to students from all around the world.
The program designed for PhD students includes advanced courses, lectures, workshops and summer courses (In English), devoted to Cancer and Immunology, together with the possibility of practical training.
User Review( votes)
The University of Lausanne in Lausanne, Switzerland was founded in 1537 as a school of theology, before being made a university in 1890. Today about 13,500 students and 2,200 researchers study and work at the university.
The candidate must be the holder of a degree from a foreign university. Participants must prove a good knowledge of English in their motivation letter (number of years of Language classes taken, specific experience in an English-speaking environment etc.) and IELTS or TOEFL test.
- Applications close: May 25, 2018
- Course Level: Positions are available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: This PhD program, located at the center of Europe, is focused on molecular and cellular biology of cancer and immunology, with their applications to clinical problems. The PhD Programme in Cancer and Immunology focuses on research in basic areas of modern cancer biology and immunology together with interdisciplinary and translational research. More specifically, the research carried out by the participating laboratories covers areas such as: stem cells, cancer and development, epithelial-stromal interactions, angiogenesis, cancer epigenetics, chromatin structure and function, cell cycle control mechanisms and DNA repair, cancer immunology, innate and adaptive immunology, transplantation immunology, infectious diseases, vaccine design, cellular and molecular immunology, vaccine development, aging, HIV infection and parasitology (malaria and Leishmania).
- Scholarship Award: Salaries are according to the scales of the University of Lausanne or the Ludwig Center for Cancer Research of the University of Lausanne, and/or the Swiss National Science Foundation and are competitive on an international level.
- Nationality: Available to students around the world.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarshipcan be taken in Switzerland
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: These positions are available to students from all around the world.
Entrance Requirements: Prerequisites for being accepted in our programme:
- Masters degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline such as medicine, biology and immunology
- Fluent in English
English Language Requirements: PhD studies usually last 4 years. In the exceptional event that a prolongation is required, the thesis committee must be informed and the extension must be officially approved. The working language is mainly English.
How to Apply: Documents to Use for Application: