The University of York is pleased to announce the Ethical, Legal, and Social Norms for Resilient Autonomous Systems PhD Studentship for the academic year 2021-2022.
Applicants from the United Kingdom and worldwide who wish to undertake a PhD degree programme at York can avail this scholarship. The award will cover tuition fees as well as offer an annual stipend.
Great offer for international students in the UK.
User Review( votes)
The University of York is a collegiate research university, ranked 119th by the Times Higher Education ranking for 2019. It is driven to provide the highest standard of customer satisfaction, value for money, and quality of the product within a friendly and helpful environment.
Why study at the University of York? It is one of the world’s premier institutions for inspirational and life-changing research. The University of York is known for its renowned academic, whose research brings vibrancy and cutting edge ideas to the teaching students receive at York.
Application Deadline: 14th May 2021
- University or Organization: University of York
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: £15,609
- Number of Awards: 1
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in the United Kingdom
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Eligible Course or Subjects: All PhD degree courses and subjects in the field of philosophy are eligible to apply for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants are required to be enrolled in the university.
- The applicants must be from the Department of Philosophy.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The interested applicants are required to apply for the course of their choice through the online platform. To apply to avail of the studentship, the applicants must mail the following to [email protected]
- Supporting Documents: The applicants are required to submit the following documents:
- You must quote the project title (‘Ethical, Legal and Social Norms for Resilient Autonomous Systems’) in your application.
- You must include a brief outline of your research proposal (1,500 words) in your application to study.
- You must include a cover letter explaining how your competencies and previous experience make you an appropriate candidate for this position.
- All the academic records/transcripts from the previously attended institution(s).
- At least 2 Letter of Recommendation from the home university
- An updated resume is consisting of professional experience and educational qualifications.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must possess a first-class or 2:1 degree, or a Masters degree, in Law, Philosophy, or any other relevant discipline to be admitted at York.
- Language Requirement: The following English language proficiency test score is to be provided to the university:
- C1 Advanced and C2 Proficiency – 176, with a minimum of 169 for each component
- IELTS – 5, with a minimum of 6.0 in each component
- PTE – 61, with a minimum of 55 in each component
- TOEFL – 87 overall, with a minimum of 21 in Listening, 21 in Reading, 21 in Speaking, 21 in Writing
The selected applicant will be handed £15,609 towards the tuition fees at the UK rate and an annual stipend for their study duration at York.