FAIMER’s fellowship programs are targeted to health professions educators who have the potential to play key roles in improving education in their schools or in their regions. These programs develop skills that allow participants to serve as resources for their colleagues, institutions, communities, and regions. The programs emphasize education methods, education leadership and management, and development of a community of educators.
Participants focus on education innovation projects of their choosing that are supported by their home institutions. Preference is given to projects where there is a clear link to improving the community or population health. Implemented projects serve as relevant, local working models for additional future enhancements in health professions education.
Best fellowship for applicants
User Review( votes)
Applicants in South Asia and surrounding regions are encouraged to apply to one of the three Indian FAIMER Regional Institutes; those in Southern Africa are encouraged to apply to the Southern Africa FAIMER Regional Institute(SAFRI), and those in Brazil, to the Brazil FAIMER Regional Institute.
The FAIMER Institute is a two year, part-time fellowship in health professions education methodology and leadership. It is conducted in four sessions – a residential session in the United States, followed by an eleven-month distance learning and co-mentorship component, a second residential session, and finally another eleven-month distance learning and co-mentoring experience. The program is uniquely designed to teach education methods and leadership skills, as well as to develop strong professional bonds with other health professions educators around the world.
Application deadline: Deadlines may vary
FAIMER’s educational programs currently focus on serving health professions educators and institutions in South Asia, Africa, and Latin America. Applications from other regions will be given lower priority. Applicants must:
- Reside and work in their home country at the time of application and at the time of acceptance of the fellowship award;
- Have a graduate or professional degree;
- Be in a position of leadership with respect to curriculum and educational policies and procedures. Preference is given to mid-career applicants;
- Be willing to travel to the United States;
- Have at least three years of work experience as a faculty member in the home country following completion of their formal academic and clinical training;
- Demonstrate competence in written and spoken English;
- Have the endorsement of a home country health professions school or health-related institution for the proposed education innovation project; and
- Have a position in the home country health professions school or institution to which they will return upon completion of the fellowship.
How to Apply
To complete this application, you will need:
An email address.
An online User Name and Password. You will create a User Name and Password when you begin your first FAIMER application. Be sure to write down or remember your User Name and Password because you will need these to log back into the application and view its status at a later time.
Adobe Acrobat Reader. To print documents in PDF format, you will need Adobe® Acrobat® Reader®software. If you do not have the Adobe® Acrobat® Reader®, you can get a free copy by clicking on the Get Acrobat Reader icon below and following the instructions. A link to Adobe Acrobat Reader is also available in the Confirmation section of the application.
Supporting documents such as:
- Institution Nomination Form
- Reference Reports