Sports opportunities are awarded to athletes who pursue their studies in courses which are recognized in universities and colleges in the country in all fields of study. However, the critical courses such as medicine, pharmacy and dentistry, offering scholarships only to study at universities only. Sports program is an encouragement to athletes who excel in sports and academic potential as well empunyai to continue their studies at institutions of higher learning. Sports Scholarship Offer is open to all active athletes in all sports. However, priority is given to the eight core sports of football, Tenpin bowling, badminton, swimming, squasy, gymnastics, hockey and athletics.Sports Scholarship recipients will not have a binding contract with the government. However, they are encouraged to contribute to the development of national sports when graduating soon.
Selection Criteria :
Among the criteria specified in the selection of scholarship recipients Sports Ministry of Higher Education are as follows: –
User Review( votes)
- Athletes who are still active in sports with a good performance for at least the national sport that is recognized by the National Sports Council or MASUM.
- For studies at diploma level, the application is open to post-SPM students who have successfully secured a place in the IPT / Community Polytechnics and Colleges of full-time study.
- To study the first degree, the application is open to graduate students Matriculation, Pre-University, STPM and diploma has secured places in local institutions of higher learning. The applicant must be aged at least 19 years.
- In order to pursue a Master of the application is open to graduate degree locally or abroad who have obtained places in local institutions of higher learning.The applicant shall not exceed 30 years of age.
Scholarship Category :
Candidates in the selection of sports financial aid positions will be categorized as follows: –
- International Junior Athletes
- represent the country in the SEA Games, Asian Games, Commonwealth Games and Olympic Games
- Representing the country in individual sports tournament official at the World Stage is held every year whether or bi-annual
- Able to break the record for at least the record levels of East Asia (SEA Games) in their respective sports
- The selection of athletes is through the Executive Committee of the National Sports Council and the relevant National Sports Associations
- Have a CGPA of 2.00 and above.
- International Junior Athletes :
- Representing the state in individual sports tournament official in the country (the class) or at the South East Asia
- CGPA 2.50 dan ke atas Have a CGPA of 2.50 and
- Negeri Athletes National / State
- Representing their respective states to individual sports tournament official at the national level
- Able to break the tournament record of state or national level held in the country
- Selection of athletes is through the Executive Committee of the National Sports Council and the relevant National Sports Associations.
- CGPA 2.50 dan ke atas Have a CGPA of 2.50 and
- Junior / Junior athletes (Teen) / University
- Athletes who are under 21 years of representing their respective states or countries in individual sports tournament official in the state, national or international level
- Athletes representing their respective states or countries to individual sports tournament official age either in country or abroad
- The selection of athletes is through the Executive Committee of the National Sport Council, and National Sports Associations concerned.
- Have a CGPA of 2.50 and
* Settings category are subject to the decision of the Main Committee Sports Scholarship.
Allowance / Benefit :
Among the allowances and benefits to be received by the program recipient Sport Ministry of Higher Education are: –
- Tuition fees paid at the rate required by the IPT
- Living allowance:
Diploma/– RM 500 sebulan Diploma / Degree – RM 500 per month
RM 600 sebulan Postgraduate – RM 600 per month
- Sports Performance Incentive Allowance prescribed categories:
Senior Category A – RM1000 per month
States – RM 500 per month
Category Athletes Junior (Youth) – RM 250 per month
- Sporting equipment allowance – RM1000 per year
- Other allowances such as a book allowance, equipment allowance, thesis allowance, and allowances practical / project paper at the rate specified.
Application / Enquiries :
For any questions, please contact;
1) OF SCHOLARSHIP
Kementerian Pengajian Tinggi Malaysia, Ministry of Higher Education,
Level 4, Block 1, Menara PjH,
Federal Government Administrative Centre, Precinct 2,
Telefon : 03 – 8884 4600 Phone: 03-8884 4600
Fax : 03 – 8884 4701 Fax: 03-8884 4701
Email: [email protected]
Application Dead Line: 16 July 2010, 12.00 midnight.