The Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment is overwhelmed to announce its International Engineering and Technology Postgraduate Scholarships for the academic year 2021-2022.
The scholarship program encourages and supports academically International students to commence a postgraduate coursework program at the University of Newcastle in Australia.
Awesome opportunity for international students.
User Review( votes)
Established in 1965, the University of Newcastle is an Australian public university and stands as a global leader distinguished by a commitment to equity and excellence.
Why study at the University of Newcastle? At this university, students can enhance their core values and also gain valuable skills and experience for their future careers. Newcastle also provides the best career opportunities and creates a better future through a focus on innovation and impact.
Application Deadline: 11 April 2021
- University or Organization: University of Newcastle, Australia
- Department: Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment
- Course Level: Postgraduate
- Award: $18,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 50
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from around the world.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Scholarships are awarded to study an Engineering and Technology postgraduate coursework program.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must have to meet the following criteria:
- Be commencing full-time in an eligible Engineering or Technology Postgraduate Coursework program with the Faculty in the year for which the scholarship is awarded.
- Be enrolled on-campus at any University of Newcastle campus in Australia.
- Be an International full-fee paying student.
- Meet the tiered GPA entry-level requirements (minimum GPA of 4.5).
- Not hold another scholarship for the same program of equivalent or more substantial benefit in a current or previous study.
- Not be in receipt of any other FEBE Fee Waiver Scholarships, with the exception of the FEBE International Alumni and Family Scholarships.
- Be able to meet your financial obligations as a full-fee paying international student (incl full tuition fee and other expenses) in accordance with your student visa for study in Australia and in the event that scholarship eligibility is not maintained.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: If you want to be enlisted in this scholarship program, then you are recommended to take admission in the Postgraduate degree coursework at the University of Toronto. After being registered, candidates will be automatically considered for this education award.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates must have to submit identity documents, provide citizenship and visa details, certified copies of official transcripts.
- Admission Requirements: All applicants are selected on the basis of academic merit. All academic merit determinations are made in accordance with the University’s procedure for determining Grade Point Average.
- Language Requirement: If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency.
The total scholarship benefit ranges from $6000 to $18,000 over the maximum three-year duration of the scholarship which will be distributed in the following manner depending on the scholar’s GPA:
- Tier 1 – GPA 5.5 at entry. For Semester-based programs this is AUD$750 per 10 credit points; for Trimester-based programs: AUD$667 per 10 credit points.
- Tier 2 – GPA 5 at entry. For Semester-based programs this is AUD$500 per 10 credit points; for Trimester-based programs: AUD$444 per 10 credit points.
- Tier 3 – GPA 4.5 at entry. For Semester-based programs this is AUD$250 per 10 credit points; for Trimester-based programs AUD$222 per 10 credit points.