Many students want to study in Germany, but because of financial barriers, they are unable to do it. Federal Institute for Materials is offering its PhD Position for the academic 2020/21 session to cover research expenses.
The funding programme supports outstanding students who want to undertake PhD degree coursework in Computational Materials Science.
Established in 1871, the Federal Institute for Materials Research is a material research institute located in Germany. It is a senior scientific and technical Federal institute with responsibility to the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy.
Why would you like to choose Federal Institute for Materials Research? BAM sets and represents high standards for safety in technology and chemistry for Germany and for its global markets. It is responsible for the promotion of knowledge and technology transfer within the BAM’s areas of work.
Application Deadline: October 31, 2020
- University or Organization: Federal Institute for Materials Research
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Salary
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- The award can be taken in Germany
- Eligible Countries: If you want to know about the nationality, please contact the employer.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree programme in Computational Materials Science – Studying and Engineering of Defects
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must have to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Must have a master’s degree in materials science, physics, physical chemistry, or a related field with relevant experiences.
- A background in computer programming, especially Linux-base experience, C++ programming, and Python programming, is required.
- Skills and understandings of thermodynamics and kinetics modeling of materials will be appreciated.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the opportunity, applicants must send the following documents to Dr Reza Darvishi Kamachali reza.kamachali-at-bam.de.
- Supporting Documents: Must send (i) letter of motivation/introduction (ii) CV, (iii) transcripts of bachelor and master studies, and (iv) the contact info of two references as a single PDF file.
- Admission Requirements: Candidates should have a master’s degree in materials science, physics, physical chemistry, or a related field with relevant experiences.
- Language Requirement: The research will be conducted in English and therefore a strong command in written and spoken English is a must.
Eligible candidates will receive 3 years contract, full time, working in the Federal Institute for Materials Research and Testing in Berlin.