The LEAF research unit of the Instituto Superior de Agronomia?Universidade de Lisboa is proud to announce the 3 year PhD fellowship under EU H2020 Marie Sk?odowska?Curie actions European Training Network (ETN).
Instituto Superior de Agronomia is a part of the University of Lisbon is a national and international renowned faculty of excellence for graduation and post-graduation studies. The teaching staff consists of 145 teachers and 6 researchers, mainly PhDs and post-docs and is organised in 10 departments.
Why should apply for this fellowship? By joining the program, the candidate will work on new solutions to reduce ammonia and greenhouse gases emissions and improve the fertilizing value of animal manure, namely pig and dairy slurry.
Application Deadline: April 15, 2020
- University: University of Lisbon
- Provider: Instituto Superior de Agronomia
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: 15
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- The award can be taken in Portugal
- Eligible Countries: The Instituto Superior de Agronomia welcomes applications from suitable qualified candidates regardless of age, gender, race, religion or ethnic background.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded for PhD in Agricultural sciences, Agronomics Environmental science.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- At the time of recruitment, it is a requirement that the PhD candidates have not been awarded a doctorate degree and are in the first 4 years (full?time equivalent) of their research careers.
- Furthermore, at the time of selection by the host organization, researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Portugal for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to their recruitment. Short stays, such as holidays, are not taken into account.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the position, applicants must take part in a PhD degree program. The application must be sent by email to Dr David Fangueiro [email protected]
- Supporting Documents: Cover Letter, stating which PhD project you are applying for and detailing your motivation and background for applying for the specific PhD project.
- Max 1?page proposal for research activities to pursue in the PhD study program, CV, Diploma and transcripts of records, other information for consideration, e.g. list of publications (if any), peer reviewed and other Personal Recommendations, a maximum of 3 relevant scientific outputs which the applicant wishes to be included in the assessment, and only applications with a letter of motivation for the specific position, incl. a max 1?page proposal for research activities, will be accepted
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, applicants must have a master’s degree related to the scientific area of the project and the grade point average achieved.
- Language Requirement: Strong communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
Benefits: The University of Lisbon will provide the salary to all successful candidates.