FIG Foundation is currently accepting applications for the International PhD Scholarships for the academic session 2023-2024.
The scholarship is open to PhD students registered in a surveying/ geomatics academic program and studying in a country listed by the World Bank as a low-income, lower-middle, or upper-middle-income economy. The scholarship provides up to 4,000 euros, as well as possible funding for conference travel.
Worthy offer to study in Denmark.
User Review( votes)
The FIG Foundation is a separate entity inside the International Federation of Surveyors. The Foundation was created to provide funding for educational and capacity-building projects, as well as scholarships. The Foundation hopes to raise a million dollars in the next years. This will enable activities to be funded by annual interest.
Why join the FIG Foundation Program? Choosing to study with FIG foundation is a great decision because FIG Foundation raises funds to secure a sustainable future for surveyors. The charity funds educational and capacity-building projects and scholarships, particularly in developing countries and countries in transition, and encourages research across all survey topics and helps disseminate the results of that research.
Application Deadline: June 1, 2023
- University or Organization: FIG Foundation
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Up to 4,000 Euros
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the Denmark
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from countries with low-income, lower-middle or upper-middle income economies can apply for this scholarship.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in Surveying/Geomatics.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Applicants must be registered solely in a surveying/geomatics academic program that teaches surveying in a country listed by the World Bank as a low-income, lower-middle or upper-middle income economy.
- Applicants must be studying for a PhD degree.
- Applicants should not have submitted their final thesis at the application deadline.
- Applicants should have had a paper accepted by a peer-reviewed international journal based on their doctoral research project.
- The applicant should be the lead author of the paper, and it should be co-authored with their supervisor.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Interested candidates will be send their Applications to be sent to [email protected]
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must provide the following supporting documents:
- Completed checklist
- Cover sheet with personal details and institution information
- Description and argument of how the academic program addresses the “teaches surveying and graduates surveyors” criterion
- 200-word abstract written in layperson terms
- One-page research proposal
- Copy of the paper accepted by a peer-reviewed international journal based on doctoral research project
- Letter from journal editor indicating acceptance and completion of necessary corrections
- Journal referees’ reports for the paper
- Comprehensive academic CV in a separate PDF document.Top of Form
- Admission Requirements: The students are required to present the admission requirements:
- List of peer-reviewed journal publications over the last 6 years using the International Journal of GIS reference list format
- List of research funding obtained over the past 5 years, indicating which grants are peer-reviewed or not
- Description of research compliance and activity auditing structures and processes in the institution
- Description of structures and processes in the institution relating to research ethics, if relevant
- Budget indicating how the funds will be spent and a one-page justification of the budget
- Letter from PhD supervisor confirming applicant has viewed videos on How to Write Grant Proposals to the FIG Foundation and recommending the proposal
- Consent for proposal and reports to be published, with reasons for not publishing if applicable
- Language Requirement: Applicants must fulfill the following language requirements:
The FIG Foundation PhD Scholarship provides financial support of up to 3,000 euros to attend and present their research at a FIG conference. This scholarship can help cover tuition fees, research expenses, and travel costs, allowing students to focus on their research and complete their PhD program.