Siemens Stiftung, in collaboration with the Smart Energy Solutions for Africa (SESA) consortium, is pleased to announce the SESA Call for Entrepreneurs, 2023.
The call invites small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) from Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, and Tanzania to apply for funding to address the energy access challenges faced by rural and off-grid communities in Africa.
Nice for students
User Review( votes)
Smart Energy Solutions for Africa (SESA) is a European Commission-funded research and innovation project supervised by the ICLEI European Secretariat (a non-profit organization situated in Brussels). SESA was begun in October 2021 for a 48-month period and is currently being implemented in nine African countries.
Why should you choose for this program? By participating in this program, entrepreneurs can contribute to the development of sustainable energy solutions that will improve the lives of millions of Africans. This means that the program offers a unique opportunity for SMEs to leverage tested technologies and business models to develop and implement solutions that are replicable and generate local opportunities for economic development.
Application Deadline: June 25, 2023.
- University or Organization: Smart Energy Solutions for Africa (SESA)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Research
- Award: Up to €100,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: African countries
- The award can be taken in Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda or Tanzania
- Eligible Countries: Students from Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, and Tanzania are eligible to apply.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in domains such as solar irrigation technologies in rural communities, waste-to-energy solutions to improve clean cooking, and solar cold chain technologies for both peri-urban and rural communities among other related technical fields.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Businesses should be operating in fields like solar cold chain technologies for both peri-urban and rural people, waste-to-energy solutions to increase clean cooking, and solar irrigation technologies for rural communities.
- Your business must have been in operation for at least three years.
- For the last two years (2022 and 2021), your company must have generated revenues and provided financial documents, including income statements and balance sheets.
- There are no pending lawsuits against your company or its management team.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants must fill out the application form along with all the requirements and must be submitted electronically via email to [email protected]
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must provide the given supporting documents:
- Application Form
- Certificate of incorporation/association and registration certificate
- Financial statements for the last two years (including income statements and balance sheets for 2022 and 2021)
- Pictures and technical specifications of your product/service(s)
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must fulfill the following admission requirements:
- Applicants must be registered and operationally active in one of the four priority countries for at least three years and provide evidence of income production.
- Must have proof of previously similar work done in the country.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must fulfill one of the following language requirements:
- Must be very fluent in the English language (verbally as well as written).
The university will provide all the following:
- Each selected firm will receive between € 50,000 and €100,000 in service agreements for the design, implementation, and evaluation of proposed replication projects. They will be selected to participate in the SESA Incubator Program, which is conducted by SESA partner Smart Innovation Norway (SIN). Mentorship, coaching, and access to networks of industry experts and possible investors are all part of the plan.