The scholarship provides the opportunity to pursue educational and career goals so that students can go beyond the ordinary and achieve the extraordinary. Therefore, Flinders University is offering Flinders and Nutritional Ingredients Industry PhD Scholarships.
The grant is available for Australian and New Zealand students who will study at Flinders University. Flinders and Nourish Ingredients is offering an industry PhD scholarship to undertake innovative research into medical biotechnology and microbial bioprocessing. This scholarship offers $40,000 per year tax-free for up to 4 years.
Flinders and Nourish Ingredients Industry PhD Scholarship at Flinders University, UK
Gear offer to get Flinders and Nourish Ingredients Industry PhD Scholarship at Flinders University, UK
User Review( votes)
Flinders University is a public university in Adelaide, South Australia. It is a leading international university, ranked 423rd in the 2021 QS Global University Rankings. FU offers more than 160 undergraduate and postgraduate courses, as well as higher-degree research supervision across all disciplines. Flinders is renowned for world-class research and innovation that is relevant, of high quality and has a real impact.
Why study at Flinders University? Flinders provides the skills and confidence to students that need to excel in their studies and chosen careers. Students at Flinders are constantly challenged and intellectually stimulated, and they enjoy working in a challenging, stimulating environment. FU does not limit itself to teaching students the ins and outs of their specific degree; rather, students graduate with skills that they can apply across a wide range of careers.
Application Deadline: 30th November 2022
- University or Organization: Flinders University
- Department: Medical Biotechnology, Microbial bioprocessing
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: $40,000 per annum
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: Australian and New Zealand
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: The grant is available for Australia and New Zealand.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in PhD Scholarship in Medical Biotechnology, Microbial bioprocessing. subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- To be an Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen, an Australian permanent resident or have, or are eligible to apply for, a relevant international visa; and
- meet Flinders University PhD admission requirements – an Australian Honours degree Class 1 or 2A or equivalent qualification (at least AQF Level 8), or evidence of equivalent research experiences, such as refereed publications or significant experience as a lead researcher; and
- Scholarship recipients are expected to take up their studies as soon as practicable (ideally before 1 December 2022) within a timeframe specified by the Office of Graduate Research in consultation with the industry partner, up to a maximum of 3 months from the time of acceptance of the scholarship.
- Any other eligibility criteria relevant to the industry partner/research project (eg have or able to apply for a National Police Criminal History Check)
- It is desirable for applicants to also have:
- First class honours in biotechnology (H1 or H2A), with relevant experience in bioprocessing or
- Master in Biotechnology (HD or D) with research experience in bioprocessing that involves growing microbes, fermentation, and purification of metabolites.
- Candidates with publications in the nominated area of research would be preferred.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students must apply online via the university portal. All eligible candidates will be considered automatically.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Official translation of transcripts if not in English.
- Copy of passport
- Additional course-specific requirements
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have to check the entry requirements of the University.
- Language Requirement: The candidate must meet the English language proficiency requirement to enrol in the programme at the university.
Flinders University will provide all the following:
- $40,000 per annum tax-free, for up to 4 years
- Supervised by academics and mentoring from an industry partner
- The Plus Program: Gain experience in rigorous, leading-edge research in a business context through regular training sessions
- Being surrounded by peers from the three SA Universities working on complementary projects offering mutual support, peer-to-peer learning
- Access to academic and industry expertise through joint supervision
- The opportunity to manage a complex research project and respond innovatively to challenges
- A collaborative research community where you can enhance your skills and build your network to progress your research career.