Intending to support the education of outstanding students in Australia, RMIT University is announcing PhD scholarships in dynamics point processes in ecological modelling for international students for the academic year 2023–2024.
This grant is to support international students who have applied to the PhD (Mathematical Science) programme at RMIT. Scholarships are awarded a stipend of $32,841 per annum, pro rata (for full-time study); based on a competitive selection procedure that ranks applicants according to their academic performance, research outputs, and relevant professional experience.
PhD Scholarship in Dynamics Point Processes in Ecological Modelling at RIMT University, Australia
Nice offer for international students to study PhD in Australia.
User Review( votes)
RMIT University is an Australian higher education institute that specializes in technology, innovation, and enterprise. Formed in 1887, the university is also understood as the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology. It carries a global reputation for providing brilliant vocational and professional education.
Why study at RMIT University? RMIT is a global university of technology, design, and enterprise. Students develop the ability to think critically while studying at this university, contributing to lives of meaning and professional achievement. The university embraces the task of extending the benefits of a fast-innovating, high-skill knowledge economy to the whole community and the world. It was also among the country’s first tertiary institutions to achieve international prominence.
Application Deadline: Open
- University or Organization: RIMT University
- Department: Mathematical Science
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: $32,841 per annum
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 1
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia.
- Eligible Countries: All international applicants are eligible to apply.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in the PhD (Mathematical Science) programme offered by RIMT University.
- Admissible Criteria: Meet RMIT’s entry requirements for the Doctor of Philosophy, including minimum English language requirements for international applicants, as outlined under ‘Admissions’ in PhD (Mathematical Science).
- Have a Master, first-class Honors or equivalent in one of the disciplines of statistics, mathematics, or data analytics/science.
- Excellent programming skills with R, C, C++ or Python.
- Knowledge or experience with spatial statistics, spatial modelling or GIS;
- Some knowledge of ecology;
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- Experience with journal article writing;
- Demonstrated capacity to work independently and as part of a team with different team member backgrounds.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Candidates can apply for the opportunity; they must take admission to RIMT University. After that, students have to apply online.
- Supporting Documents: Email Associate Professor Yan Wang (yan.wang-at-rmit.edu.au) directly with the student’s statement of interest, cover letter addressing the desirable criteria, CV, and academic qualifications.
- Admission Requirements: For admission, students must check the entry requirements of their chosen program.
- Language Requirement: The candidate must meet the English language proficiency requirement to enrol in the programme at the university.
The Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology will provide a stipend of $32,841 per annum, pro rata (for full-time study).