The Food Security Center (FSC) has designed scholarships for developing countries. The studentships are available to conduct their research and career at the University of Hohenheim.
The grants aim at increasing their previously gained scientific knowledge and skills relevant to food security-related issues.
Worthy Scholarships for Developing Countries.
User Review( votes)
Finally, FSC aims at establishing an active, long-lasting collaboration with the supported researchers and their home institutions through an interactive alumni-network.
The Food Security Center (FSC) is a university center of excellence in development collaboration at the University of Hohenheim, Stuttgart, Germany.
University or Organization: The Food Security Center
Course Level: Graduate Education
Award: EUR 1,000
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: Developing countries
The program can be taken in Germany
Applications close: Closed
- Excellence Scholarship (South-North): Applicants from developing countries of the OECD DAC List who are planning to obtain their Ph.D. degree at the University of Hohenheim, Germany, may apply for the “Excellence South-North Scholarship”.
- Excellence Scholarship (South-South): Applicants from developing countries of the OECD DAC List who are planning to obtain their Ph.D. degree atone of the FSC’s partner universities, may apply for the “Excellence South-South Scholarship”.
- CLIFOOD Scholarship: FSC awards top selected applicants from East and Central Africa scholarships to obtain their Ph.D. degree at the Hawassa University, Ethiopia.
- Students from developing countries are eligible to apply.
- These are available to conduct their research and career at the University of Hohenheim.
- Applicants should be interested in an interdisciplinary and international (post-) graduate education in food security relevant issues.
- Women are explicitly encouraged to apply for a scholarship.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: All files must be converted to PDF. The files you are uploading must not exceed 10 megabytes altogether due to the standard attachment size limit. Please check the total size of all your files before uploading them.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, students must be ready to submit the CV, scanned copy of the Master certificate, transcripts, Abstract of Master thesis, scanned copy of the Bachelor certificate, transcripts, scanned copy of the high school certificate, English proficiency proof, proposal for doing a Ph.D. research, one recommendation letter, cover letter.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have a previous year degree.
- Language Requirements: Applicants must have excellent written and verbal English skills.
The monthly grant is EUR 1,000 (for the time in Germany, during the field research there will be a different rate applicable). In addition, FSC pays for traveling to and from Hohenheim. Proofed costs for health and liability insurance will be refunded for an amount up to EUR 100.