The Open Society Initiative for Southern Africa (OSISA) invites applications for 10 postgraduate scholarships from Southern African women media leaders who wish to study media management at Rhodes University’s Sol Plaatje Institute (SPI) for Media Leadership in 2018.
The aim of the scholarships is to encourage the study of women.
The Open Society Initiative for Southern Africa (OSISA), an African institution committed to the creation of open societies through support for democracy, human rights and good governance.
- Applications Close: November 24, 2017
- Course Level: These scholarships are available to pursue a postgraduate degree.
- Study Subject: These scholarships are awarded in media management.
- Scholarship Award: The full cost of tuition
- Number of Scholarships: Ten scholarships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in South Africa
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Only women candidates who are already working in the media industry in the 10 Southern African countries of OSISA listed above are eligible to apply for these scholarships. Candidates should already have an undergraduate degree from a recognised university.
Applicants should be from Angola, Botswana, the DRC, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Swaziland, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have an undergraduate degree.
- The full cost of tuition
- Accommodation and meals in one of Rhodes University’s postgraduate residences
- All learning materials
- A modest monthly subsistence allowance
- Medical aid
- Mid-year media management internship costs.
How to Apply:
- Applicants can apply via email.
- Submit detailed Curriculum Vitae, including email and phone contact details. This is sent to the SPI only.
- Submit certified academic transcripts of ALL tertiary qualifications (these are sent to both the SPI and Registrar’s Division at Rhodes University);