Want to pursue your postgraduate degree studies in a foreign country but lack financial resources? Then you must check out the Foreign Post Graduate Scholarship established by the Niger Delta Development Commission for the academic year 2022-2023.
Nigerian students with a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2nd Class-Lower division are eligible to apply. The applicants must have applied to and be admitted for a Post Graduate Programme in any eligible discipline in a Foreign University to be considered. The scholarship will likely cover the tuition fee incurred by the winning candidates.
User Review( votes)
The Niger Delta Development Commission is a federal government agency established by Nigerian president Olusegun Obasanjo in 2000 with the sole mandate of developing Nigeria’s oil-rich Niger Delta region.
The NDDC was created largely as a response to the demands of the population of the Niger Delta, a crowded area inhabited by a diversity of minority ethnic groups. One of the core mandates of the NDDC is to train and educate the youths of the oil-rich Niger Delta regions to curb hostilities and militancy while developing key infrastructure to promote diversification and productivity.
Application Deadline: Completed applications of all interested students must be submitted on October 30th, 2022.
- University or Organization: Niger Delta Development Commission
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Master
- Award: Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic
- The award can be taken in Nigeria.
- Eligible Countries: Nigerian students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Postgraduate degrees in Agricultural Sciences, Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Geosciences, Information Technology, Law, Management Sciences, Medicine, Architecture, and Hospitality Management offered at the
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have gained admission for a Post Graduate Programme in any of the listed disciplines above in a Foreign University.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The students must first apply for admission to their preferred foreign university. Scholarship applications must be made via the official online portal of the government.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Recent passport photograph
- Local Government Identification Letter
- Post Graduate admission letter from a recognized Overseas University. Relevant degrees from recognized Universities
- NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificate
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have a first Degree with a minimum of 2nd Class-Lower division for those wishing to undertake a Master’s Programme.
- Language Requirement: The applicants must meet their university’s English language proficiency requirements.
The Niger Delta Development Commission will award the winning candidates the Foreign Post Graduate Scholarship, which will likely cover educational costs.