Microsoft is offering free online course on Building Your Azure Skills Toolkit. This course provides a fast-paced, hands-on tour of several cloud-powered features and integrates them within a single web app using an easy to follow scenario.
This self-paced course explores an array of different services, giving you the chance to learn just how easy it is to integrate Azure services within your apps and give them the power of the cloud. The course will start on June 30, 2017.
User Review( votes)
Course At A Glance
Length: 5 weeks
Effort: 2-3 hours pw
Subject: Computer Science
Institution: Microsoft and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $49
Session: Course Starts on June 30, 2017
Microsoft is offering this online course via the edX platform. Microsoft is offering the course via renowned online platform edX. In this new connected world, Microsoft believes technology creates opportunity, and courses are designed to provide you with the core development skills needed to be successful in the cloud-first, mobile-first world.
About This Course
This course is part of the Microsoft Professional Program Certificate in Front-End Web Development.
To begin, you’ll create a web application using Angular and .NET Core. With your base app up and running, you’ll learn how to integrate Bing Search, in this case to find and retrieve images that you can display on your site. Next, you’ll add some artificial intelligence (AI) to your app by using Azure’s Computer Vision Cognitive Service to analyze and detect the objects within the images. You will use SQL Azure to store your metadata in a scalable database, and you will retrieve the data and display it using .NET Core Web API and Entity Framework Core. To complete the scenario, you will add Azure Search to enable quick retrieval of images based off of your own search terms. Finally, you’ll secure the entire application using Azure Active Directory B2C to enable secure access to your stored images.
Why Take This Course?
This course provides a fast-paced, hands-on tour of several cloud-powered features and integrates them within a single web app using an easy to follow scenario.
- Azure Cognitive Services
- Active Directory B2C
- SQL Azure
- Azure Search
Geoffrey is a senior developer with Crank211, a company that specializes in designing and building next-level digital experiences.
Chris is an engineer and software developer who has been working at Microsoft in various roles for the past 15 years.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)