Weizmann Institute of Science is offering free online course on Math’s Puzzles: Cryptarithms, Symbologies and Secret Codes. The course is designed for anyone who enjoys popular science, recreational maths and solving maths puzzles and crosswords.
In this three-week course, applicants will explore and solve encrypted math’s puzzles, in which numbers are replaced by letters or symbols, with this free online course. This course will start on July 24, 2017.
User Review( votes)
Course At Glance
Length: 3 weeks
Effort: 4 hours/week
Subject: Math’s Puzzles: Cryptarithms, Symbologies and Secret Codes
Institution: Weizmann Institute of Science and Future learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course starts on July 24, 2017
The Weizmann Institute of Science is one of the world’s leading multidisciplinary basic research institutions in the natural and exact sciences.
About This Course
On this free online course, we’ll look at three types of maths puzzle, exploring their history, meeting the puzzlists who created them, and studying and practising problem-solving techniques.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
- Solve different kinds of cryptarithms and decipher symbologies
- Synthesise the knowledge gained from all the different steps into a coherent view of the art of information concealment
- Demonstrate puzzle solving skills
- Improve problem solving skills and out-of-the-box thinking
- Collaborate with other learners to solve problems
- Apply problem solving strategies in new situations
The course is designed for anyone who enjoys popular science, recreational math’s and solving math’s puzzles and crosswords. There are no particular requirements.
He is a recreational mathematician and metagrobologist and head our institute’s technology in education unit. I have a Ph.D. in theoretical quantum chemistry, and think math and science are really cool!
She is a mum of four, mathematician (PhD) and physicist. I have been doing research in a number of countries – Germany, Israel, Hawaii and Italy, and I like teaching very much.
I am a math educator, certified editor and techno-pedagogue. I have an MSc. in computer science. science. My job is to create online recreational math activities for kids. I love working with them!
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).