Are you ready to explore and research India’s rich cultural heritage? Applications are invited for the Sahapedia – UNESCO Fellowships available to postdoctoral scholars, doctoral candidates, postgraduates, and graduates (including those students due to graduate in the summer of 2019). Indian students are eligible to apply.
The aim of this program is to provide enthusiasts, students, and scholars an opportunity to engage with cultural heritage and follow their pursuit of the knowledge systems of India, Sahapedia is pleased to announce its program.
Fellowship opportunity for Indian students
User Review( votes)
Sahapedia is an open online resource on the arts, cultures, and heritage of India. We understand that knowledge around each subject is complex and has many dimensions. So, our platform gives you many options for finding your preferred way around each subject. At Sahapedia, you can read articles, watch videos, listen to interviews, and browse image galleries. You can also visit historic sites and natural spaces through our virtual walks.
Application Deadline: June 30, 2019
The candidates must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Indian students are eligible to apply.
- Grants are available to pursue research.
- Applicant must be a post-graduates and above qualified in the disciplines of the Humanities and Social Sciences in the broadest sense or those with equivalent experience. Candidates with prior professional or academic familiarity with the subject under application may be given preference. The awards are available to only those candidates that hold an Indian bank account.
- Program is available in the following languages this year – English, Hindi, Bangla, Tamil, and Malayalam.
How to Apply
To apply students must have to complete an application form. The documents listed above should either be emailed to fellowships-at-sahapedia.org and also by post. The following materials are to be submitted as a part of the application:
- Resume or curriculum vitae;
- A proposal of not more than 1000 words, along with an abstract of about 250 words.
- A writing sample (previously written essay) of at least 1500 words (for Research), or URL link of a 5-10 minutes long video clip indicating the candidates’ skills in filmmaking/videography (for documentation), or both, depending on the selection of deliverables
- Bibliography/list of existing literature or work on the topic with no more than 15 items/titles.
The bursary will be awarded worth up to Rs. 44,445. Fellowship has to be completed in the timeframe of twenty-eight (28) weeks between 1 September 2019 and 15 March 2020.