Nigerian citizens have a lucky chance to apply for the Fulbright African Research Scholar Program in Nigeria for the 2020/2021 academic year. The program is funded by the United States Department of State.
The opportunity is available for the senior faculty members from Nigerian universities to conduct research at U.S. institutions for a minimum of three months and a maximum of nine months.
Nice opportunity for students
User Review( votes)
Established in 1789, the United States Department of State operating the nation’s diplomatic missions abroad and representing the United States at the United Nations. It advises the President and conducts international relations. It highlights spanning a wide range of global issues, events, and initiatives.
Why should apply to this program? Research candidates are encouraged to apply to this program. They can get the benefits of conducting research abroad. It offers a diverse range of opportunities for developing skills to prepare them for a career.
Application Deadline: June 1, 2019
- Eligible Countries: Citizen of Nigeria
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Research in any subject
- Admissible Criteria: The grant is open to claimants who must hold a doctorate degree or equivalent terminal degree in their fields and have at least three years of university teaching experience and a productive scholarly record.
- Applicants without doctorate degrees but holding a master’s or equivalent graduate degree are eligible in the program and curriculum development category. They should not experience or limited experience in the U.S. Applicants must be in good health.
How to Apply
- How to apply: Eligible candidates can apply for the bursary through the online application process. If you have any question regarding this process, you can email to [email protected]
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must have to submit a letter of invitation from U.S. academic or research institutions.
- Admission Requirements: For gaining the benefits of this opportunity, students need to have a master’s degree or research degree or research experience in the related field.
- Language Requirement: Aspirants must have sufficient proficiency in English to carry out their research projects and collaborate effectively with colleagues.?
The award covers the candidate’s J-1 visa, round trip airfare to the U.S., a settling-in allowance, professional allowance, monthly stipend, housing allowance, books-and-supplies allowance, and computer allowance. It will also cover basic university health insurance as primary insurance coverage and the Fulbright ASPE health benefit as secondary coverage and travel of one dependent if he/she will stay with the grantee for at least 80% of the grant period and the dependent allowance.