Applications are invited for the Fulbright Student Program available for Egyptian nationals. The program will provide grant opportunities for university graduates, masters and doctoral degree candidates and young professionals and artists to study and conduct research in the USA.
Funded by the U.S. Government, the Fulbright Programme aims at achieving mutual understanding through academic and cultural exchange.
User Review( votes)
Fulbright financial aid positions will be awarded to applicants who demonstrate academic excellence, leadership qualities, and a commitment to improving cross-cultural relations through international exchange.
For Minimum Institutional TOEFL score of 550 from AMIDEAST Egypt or any of the given ETS Authorized Distributors and/or ITP Testing Centers is required.
- Course Level: Grants are available for university graduates, masters and doctoral degree candidates and young professionals and artists to study and conduct research in USA.
- Study Subject(s): All fields are eligible except medicine, veterinary medicine and dentistry. Applicants in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM), Agriculture and Economics are encouraged to apply.
- Award: Grant benefits:
- Travel allowance
- Other allowances
- Medical insurance
- For master’s degree applicants: tuition and/or university fees
- For Fine & Applied and Performing Arts applicants: $5000 contribution to tuition
- Number of Awards: Not known
- Nationality: Citizens of Egypt can apply for this Fulbright Student Program.
- The award can be taken in the USA
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship
- Egyptian citizenship; holders of U.S. green cards and/or passports are ineligible.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of “Good”.
- For non-degree applicants: proof of the registered doctoral thesis.
- For Fine, Applied and Performing Arts applicants: proof of participation in at least three post-graduate artistic activities or exhibitions; No TOEFL score required.
- For Minimum Institutional TOEFL score of 550 from AMIDEAST Egypt or any of the below ETS Authorized Distributors and/or ITP Testing Centers
How to apply:
The mode of applying is online.
All applications and required supporting documents should be submitted via the online system. If applicants are not able to submit the required supporting documents due to internet limitations, they may submit them directly to the Binational Fulbright Commission in Egypt.
Entrance Requirement: Applicant should hold a bachelor’s degree: Minimum of “Good” for applicants in American studies, humanities, and social sciences. Minimum of “Very Good” for applicants in the sciences.
English Language Requirement: For Master’s degrees or non-degree applicants: minimum Institutional TOEFL (ITP) score by an approved testing centre of 450 or its equivalent iBT (45), or IELTS (4) from AMIDEAST Egypt (38 Mohy El Din Aboul Ezz Street, Dokki, or 15 Abdel Hamid El Abbady Street, Roushdy, Alexandria, General Tel: 19263) or any of the ETS approved centers listed.
For PhD degrees: minimum institutional TOEFL (ITP) score of 550 or its equivalent iBT (80), or IELTS (6.5) from AMIDEAST Egypt (38 Mohy El Din Aboul Ezz Street, Dokki, or 15 Abdel Hamid El Abbady Street, Roushdy, Alexandria, General Tel: 19263) or any of the ETS approved centres listed.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is May 4, 2017.