United States-Israel Educational Foundation is offering fellowship for Israeli citizens to participate in the 2018 International Writing Program (IWP) at the University of Iowa. This is a three months program writer of fiction, poetry, creative nonfiction, drama, or screenplays.
The goal of the IWP is to provide authors a one-of-a-kind inter-cultural opportunity and the time and space to write, read, translate, study, conduct research, travel
Fab choice for Israeli citizens to study in the USA
User Review( votes)
Course Level: The fellowship is available for a writer of short stories or novels, a poet, playwright, scripter or literary translator to participate in the 2019 International Writing Program (IWP) at the University of Iowa.
Study Subject: This is three months of fellowship in the field of literature. ( Fellowship is to provide to its participants a setting for cultural exchange; the time and space to write, read, translate, study, conduct research, and travel).
Scholarship Award: The fellowship will cover the followings:
- Monthly maintenance allowance;
- Lodgings at the University of Iowa;
- Program, cultural event and administrative fees;
- Round trip airfare from Israel to the U.S.;
- Program-related local and regional travel;
- Basic health insurance for the duration of the grant;
- J1 visa administration;
- Pre-departure orientation meeting in Israel;
- A support agency in the U.S. that assists with visas, events, and networking.
Number of Scholarships: One fellowship is available.
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Candidates must be Israeli citizens. Dual American-Israeli citizens or permanent residents of the United States are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants will be considered without regard to race, religion, gender, age, and/or physical impairment.
- Candidates must be resident in Israel at the time of application and must continue to be resident in Israel until the beginning of the program in August. Candidates working, residing, or studying outside of Israel are not eligible to apply.
- Individuals who have applied on two occasions in the past and whose applications have not been accepted are not eligible to apply.
- Candidates must be in good health. The applicant selected to receive the grant will be required to submit a Medical History and Examination Report before the grant can be activated.
- Prior conviction or current indictment for a felony may result in disqualification.
Nationality: Israeli applicants are eligible for these fellowships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: The candidate should be primarily a writer of fiction, poetry, creative nonfiction, drama, or screenplays and at least one published book or volume.
English Language Requirement: Applicants must be fluent in English.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via online mode.
- Application form
- Project statement
- Curriculum Vitae
- A sample of published work in Hebrew or Arabic, accompanied by an English translation (10-15 pages of poetry or double-spaced prose)
- Three letters of recommendation on letterhead papers
- Copy of passport bio-data page
- Previous J-1 or J-2(DS2019) forms, if applicable
Application Deadline: The application deadline is August- November 2019