Applications are accepted for the U.S.–ASEAN Visiting Scholar Program which is provided by the U.S. Embassy in Yangon for the academic year 2019-2020.
The study program is available only for Myanmar citizens. Applicants should have relevant degrees or professional experience in the proposed field of study.
Nice opportunity for Myanmar citizens.
User Review( votes)
The United States Embassy in Yangon represents the official diplomatic mission of the US government in Myanmar. They provide assistance to American citizens and issues visas to foreign nationals, for the purposes of visiting and immigration.
Application Deadline: November 15, 2019
University or Organization: The United States Embassy in Yangon
Course Level: Undergraduate Degree
Award: Education Fund
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: Myanmar citizen
The program can be taken in Myanmar
Eligible Countries: Undergraduate Degree opens for only Myanmar citizens.
Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded to study in any Education, Financial Market Integration, Food Technology, Food safety, Banking governance, Information Sciences, Journalism, Law, Public Administration, Public/Global Health, Statistics, Trade and Investment, and Trade Facilitation Degree offered by the University.
Admissible Criteria: An applicant must:
- Candidates must be a Myanmar citizen;
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s Degree or higher;
- Candidates should have relevant degrees or professional experience in the proposed field of study;
- Applicants should have little or no previous experience studying or working in the United States;
- Applicants must be able to take leave from home institution or post.
How to Apply
- How to apply: To participate, the applicants need to fill out an Application Form and Reference Form and email at [email protected]
- Supporting Documents: A complete application set includes: Original completed application form, Project statement, Professional résumé/curriculum vitae, Bibliography, A copy of your academic transcripts, three letters of recommendation, letter of invitation.
- Language Requirement: Holders must be proficient in English (minimum TOEFL 550). Note: You do not need a TOEFL score to apply for this program, but you may be asked to take the TOEFL during the application process;
Benefit: Applicants will receive study funds for pursuing their education which is provided by the United States Embassy in Yangon.