The University College Dublin is inviting aspirants to apply for the Full-Time International PhD Position for the academic year 2021-2022. The students will have the opportunity to participate in training courses, workshops, and conferences.
The Full-Time PhD position will develop a specific framework that utilizes concepts from probability theory, statistics, decision theory, optimization and visualization to identify specific features of stress response using thousands of plant images.
A golden chance for international students.
User Review( votes)
Established in 1854, University College Dublin (UCD) is one of Europe’s leading research-intensive universities. It is Ireland’s largest and most diverse university with over 30,000 students, drawn from approximately 124 countries.
Why at University College Dublin? The university provides a variety of degree level courses for its participants and also gives them complete support in reaching their goals. Here, students will gain transferable skills that help them manage the different roles they may take on over their careers.
Application Deadline: May 30, 2020
- University or Organization: University College Dublin
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: €18,500
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Ireland
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from around the world.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: This exciting project will develop a specific framework that utilizes concepts from probability theory, statistics, decision theory, optimization and visualization to identify specific features of stress response using thousands of plant images.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must have to meet the following criteria:
- Candidates should hold a bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field (preference will be given to master’s degree).
- Experience in plant-imaging with either high-throughput platforms and/or unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) would be desirable but not mandatory.
- Candidates must demonstrate an awareness of equality, diversity and inclusion agenda.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the position, candidates must send the following documents to [email protected] Informal enquiries are welcome and should be directed to Assoc. Prof. Eleni Mangina ([email protected]) and Assist. Prof. Dr. Sónia Negrão ([email protected]).
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit a detailed CV, letter of motivation (max 2 pages, single-spaced), transcripts and two letters of recommendation.
- Admission Requirements: Candidates must have some previous experience in data analysis, and have an interest in machine learning.
- Language Requirement: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language requirements in order to be able to study at the university.
This is a 4-year full-time position, with a stipend of €18,500 per annum for the academic year 2021-2022.