USTC Scholarship Program is open for international students to study at the University of Science and Technology of China. The studentships are available for pursuing undergraduate and graduate programme.
The University of Science and Technology of China is a national research university in Hefei, Anhui, China, under the direct leadership of the Chinese Academy of Sciences. It is a member of the C9 League formed by nine top universities in China.
- Application Deadline: For degree-seeking students: March 31, 2020
- Course Level: The studentships are available to pursue undergraduate and graduate programme.
- Study Subject: USTC offers undergraduate and graduate programs: Bachelor’s, Master’s, Doctoral Degree
- Award: Tuition waiver, accommodation, stipend, and comprehensive medical insurance
- Nationality: Non-Chinese students are eligible to apply.
- Number of Awards: Numbers not given.
- The award can be taken in China
Eligible Countries: Non-Chinese students are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants for USTC fellowship A must:
- Be non-Chinese citizenship;
- Be not awardee of Chinese government award;
- Applicants for bachelor degree studies must hold a high school diploma, HSK5 and be under the age of 30;
- Applicants for master’s degree studies must hold a bachelor’s degree (equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in China) and be under the age of 35;
- Applicants for doctoral degree studies must hold a master’s degree (equivalent to a master’s degree in China) and be under the age of 40.
Applicants for USTC fellowship B must:
- Be non-Chinese citizenship;
- Be exchange students from USTC partner universities;
English Language Requirements: USTC offers graduate programs with Chinese or English as media of instruction.
How to Apply: The online application includes filling in the application form and uploading supporting documentation.
- Create your online application ID with a valid email account and input a password of your own. You will receive a confirmation email. The reference number should be indicated at inquiries concerning your application AT ALL TIMES.
- Log on your application ID and fill in all the information and upload the required documents. The online application can be accessed and edited as many times as you like before the deadline for application. Your information will be automatically saved once you click “NEXT” when you finish each step.
- Submit your application form by clicking “Confirm and Submit” upon completion. Note that once your application pass “file review”, your information can not be changed.
- You can click “Status” in the Quick Links to check your application status.
Cooperation of USTC by post mail or in-person (application materials submitted by email will not be accepted). Application materials for spring semester arriving after September 1, will not be accepted; Application materials for fall semester arriving after May 30, will not be accepted.
Required application materials include:
- Application form for USTC Scholarship
- Acceptance Letter from USTC Professor (Not for undergraduate students)
- Two Recommendation letters provided by professors of applicant’s last school
- Photocopy of passport (ordinary passport)
- Notarized photocopy of highest degree certificate and academic transcript
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (download in the attachment)
- Proof of knowledge of English and/or Chinese
- Study plan
The USTC Program provides a full scholarship which covers tuition waiver, accommodation, stipend, and comprehensive medical insurance.
- Tuition waiver.
- Accommodation: free university dormitory or accommodation subsidy. The university will provide a monthly accommodation subsidy: bachelor’s students: CNY 500 per month, master’s students: CNY 700 per month, and doctoral students: CNY 1000 per month.
- Stipend: bachelor’s students: CNY2,500 per month, master’s students: CNY 3,000 per month, and doctoral students: CNY 3,500 per month.