The Institute of Jewish Studies at the University of Bern in collaboration with Swiss peace/Swiss Peace Foundation is currently accepting applications for PhD (100%) and Postdoctoral (50%) position in Jewish Studies / Middle Eastern Studies / Political Science.
The University of Bern is a university in the Swiss capital of Bern and was founded in 1834. It is regulated and financed by the Canton of Bern. It is a comprehensive university offering a broad choice of courses and programs in eight faculties and some 150 institutes.
User Review( votes)
- Application Deadline: Closed
- Course Level: Positions are available to pursue a PhD and Postdoc programme.
- Study Subject: Positions are awarded in Jewish Studies / Middle Eastern Studies / Political Science.
- Award: Salaries will match the current base salary paid by the Swiss National Science Foundation: for PhD candidates, CHF 47’000 to 50’000 per annum, for Post-docs (50%) ca. CHF 60’000 CHF per annum. A workspace will be provided.
- Nationality: International students are eligible.
- Number of Awards: Numbers not given.
- The award can be taken in Switzerland
- Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this position.
- Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this application you must meet the following requirements:
- The successful PhD candidate holds a Master’s degree or equivalent in Jewish Studies, Middle Eastern Studies, Islamic Studies, Political Science, History, Religious Studies or an affiliated field. The post-doc-candidate holds a recent PhD in one of these fields. Candidates with strong language skills (especially Hebrew and/or Arabic) are given preference.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Please submit applications in German or English (one PDF, including CV, letter of motivation, certificates and diplomas, and a list of publications) by January 30, 2018, y email to rene.bloch-at-theol.unibe.ch. Any inquiries may also be addressed to René Bloch.