Swansea University is eagerly awaiting applications from outstanding students for its Fully-Funded Bristol/Swansea BBSRC SWBIO DTP PhD International Studentships. This studentship is funded by the Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC) as part of the South West Biosciences Doctoral Training Partnership (SWBio DTP).
The purpose of the PhD programme is to develop a new approach to assessing and predicting poor health and welfare in captive fish, with potential application in aquaculture, laboratories, and aquariums to help inform management decisions.
Marvellous opportunity for international students to study in the UK.
User Review( votes)
Established in 1920, Swansea University is a recognized research-intensive institution emerging as a world-class place for higher learning. It is included in the list of the UK’s top 30 universities and has gained immense popularity among the students.
Why would you like to study at Swansea University? The university provides many opportunities that will be beneficial for students in developing their communication skills and personality. At this university, aspirants will get outstanding learning and teaching experience with a distinct emphasis on employability.
Application Deadline: December 7, 2020
- University or Organization: Swansea University
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Fully-Funded
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree programme in Stress, aquaculture, computer vision, machine learning, deep learning.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must have to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Must have obtained, or be about to obtain, a First or Upper Second Class UK Honours degree, or the equivalent qualifications gained outside the UK, in an appropriate area of science or technology.
- Applicants with a Lower Second Class degree will be considered if they also have a Master’s degree or have significant relevant non-academic experience.
- A minimum of a grade B in A-level Maths or equivalent qualification or experience is required.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the scholarships, applicants must take admission in a PhD degree programme at Swansea University. After getting enrolled, go to the SWBio DTP website and click on the Bristol link for application guidance and links to the application form.
- Supporting Documents: All applications should include a fully completed application form, CV, a transcript of module marks, and two references.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, students must have to check the entry requirements of their chosen program.
- Language Requirement: The University normally expects the academic and English Language requirements (IELTS 6.5 overall with 5.5 in each component) to be met by point of application. For more information go through the English language requirements page.
Swansea University will offer a fully-funded four-year SWBio DTP studentship that will cover:
- A stipend (at the standard UKRI rate; £15,285 per annum for 2020/21).
- Research and training costs.
- Tuition fees (at the standard UKRI rate).
- Additional funds to support fieldwork, conferences, and a 3-month internship.