If you are an international student who wants to apply for the best university in the United Kingdom with a Master Award, you can apply for the Civil Society Leadership Awards for the academic year 2020-21.
Through the awards program, St. Andrews is offering fully-funded postgraduate scholarships to those individuals who demonstrate academic and professional excellence.
The University of St Andrews is one of the UK’s top universities and is one of Europe’s most research-intensive seats of learning. It has high educational expectations of the pupils who are given chances to lead and achieve in different learning areas.
Why at the University of St Andrews? At St Andrews University, many students will be the leaders of the future and all will play a part in shaping the world in which they live. It is committed to supporting and nurturing the many talents of their students.
Application Deadline: Open
- University or Organization: The University of St Andrews
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postgraduate Master’s degree
- Award: Fully-Funded
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not known
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Cambodia, Democratic Republic of Congo, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Laos, Libya, Myanmar/Burma, Republic of Congo, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan students are eligible to apply for the awards.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The bursaries are acceptable for postgraduate master’s degree coursework.
- Admissible Criteria: Applicants must:
- Be a citizen of an eligible country.
- Demonstrate maturity, flexibility, and civil society leadership potential.
- Have a bachelor’s degree awarded before 15 May 2021 and an excellent academic record.
- Demonstrate professional experience in a relevant area.
- Should be able to join in an intensive pre-academic summer school in July or August 2020 and start their degree program in August or September 2020.
- Must be able to receive and maintain a visa or study permit as required by the host country
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to join the award, candidates need to take admission for master study at the University of St Andrews. After that, they will be automatically eligible for the bursaries.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit a transcript, photographs, a sample of academic written work in English (2000 words), letter of recommendation, a resume, an English language proficiency proof, and all the necessary mark-sheets.
- Admission Requirements: Before taking admission, students need to check the entrance requirement page for a postgraduate master’s degree study.
- Language Requirement: Students need to have a certificate for their English language sufficiency.
The Civil Society Leadership Awards will cover the following:
- Tuition & mandatory university fees
- Monthly stipend to cover room, board, and other living expenses
- Travel expenses – program-related
- Accident and sickness insurance for the period of the program
- Educational materials and professional development funds
- Attendance at a regional grantee conference
- Pre-academic preparation via summer schools