If you are an individual who has a solid foundation in probability theory, functional analysis, and numerical analysis, with a moderate knowledge of partial differential equations, you must check out the Fully Funded EPSRC PhD Scholarships in Analysis and Numerics of Stochastic Partial Differential Equations (RS155) offered by the Swansea University for the academic year 2022-2023.
Swansea University has opened the applications for this application opportunity to students of all nationalities from any part of the world that want to undertake PhD study in Mathematics. The applicants must hold a 2.1 level bachelor‡s or master‡s degree with merit to be considered for this full tuition fee and annual stipend worth £16,062.
A beneficial opportunity for applicants in the UK.
User Review( votes)
Swansea University is a public research university located in Swansea, Wales, United Kingdom, ranking 425th in QS World University Rankings 2023. It is an intrinsically moral, purposeful, and resilient organization characterized by distinct values, culture, and behaviors.
Why choose to study at Swansea University? Swansea University is a diverse and welcoming community that thrives on exploration and discovery, with a balance of excellent teaching and research and superb quality of life. It is an exceptional collaborative and entrepreneurial university.
Application Deadline: Applications received after 28th October 2022 will not be accepted.
- University or Organization: Swansea University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: £16,062
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and Domestic
- The award can be taken in the UK.
- Eligible Countries: Candidates of any nationality, including their home country, can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for PhD in Mathematics offered at Swansea University.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must hold the desired academic qualification.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants must first apply for the PhD in Mathematics at Swansea University via the university portal. Then, to apply for funding, the applicants must follow the steps below:
- please select 2023
- On Funding (page 8) please select ‘No’ for ‘Are you funding your studies yourself?‡
- Please enter ‘RS155 – PhD Maths‡ for ‘Name of Individual or organization providing funds for the study.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Degree certificates and transcripts
- Cover letter
- Two recommendations
- Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) Monitory form
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must hold an undergraduate degree at 2.1 or a master‡s degree with a minimum overall grade of ‘Merit’.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.5
Swansea University will award the selected winning candidates full cost of tuition fees and an annual stipend of £16,062.