Applicants are invited to apply for the Fully-funded International PhD Studentship at the University of Sheffield. The grant is awarded for the academic year 2020-2021.
The educational award is available to students of any nationality who wish to study a PhD degree programme in Multilingual Speech Recognition.
This is a fully-funded PhD studentship that includes annual tax-free maintenance stipend at the standard UK Research rate (£15,285 in 2020-21) for up to three years.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1897, the University of Sheffield is a world-leading research university offers undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs. The campus comprises of many buildings along with various faculties and departments.
Why study at the University of Sheffield? The university has outstanding support services such as careers and global opportunities, here students can access to a wide range of opportunities and support to enhance their studies.
Application Deadline: July 24, 2020
- University: University of Sheffield
- Department: Department of Computer Science
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: Fully-funded
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 1
- Nationality: UK/EU and International Students
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree in Multilingual Speech Recognition
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must have a minimum of 2.1 undergraduate (BSc) and postgraduate masters’ qualification (MSc) in Computer Science or a closely related subject.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for the project, applicants need to take admission to a PhD degree at the university. After that, they can apply directly to the University of Sheffield using the online application system for this position.
- Supporting Documents: Proof of your previous degrees, transcripts, two references, English language certificates, A supporting statement that includes a research proposal, and Curriculum vitae (CV)/resume
- Admission Requirements: Applicants need to check out the admission requirement page at the university.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language, you must have an IELTS score of 6.5 overall, with no less than 6.0 in each component.
The studentship programme covers tuition fees (either Home/EU or Overseas) and an annual tax-free maintenance stipend at the standard UK Research rate (£15,285 in 2020-21) for up to three years.