Are you an international student considering studying in the UK? The School of Mathematics, Statistics and Physics is pleased to offer a fully-funded International PhD Studentship in Pure Mathematics at Newcastle University.
This studentship is open for the UK and international students applying for a PhD program and get full-tuition fees and an annual living allowance of £15,609 as an award.
The University of Newcastle has always been committed to giving its students an excellent learning experience. It is home to more than 26,400 students studying across a diverse and exciting spectrum of degree programs from over 130 countries worldwide.
Why study at Newcastle University? The university is committed to providing its students with the best services and academic excellence. It has award-winning teachers that are committed to helping applicants meet their potential objectives.
Application Deadline: February 28, 2021.
- University or Organization: Newcastle University
- Department: School of Mathematics, Statistics, and Physics
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: Fully-funded
- Number of Awards: One
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Both domestic and international students
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: UK/EU and all other nationalities from around the world
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Research at PhD level degree in Pure Mathematics
- Eligibility Criteria: This university is seeking students who have the following credentials:
- This studentship is available to all who have/expect a 2:1 honours degree in computing science, mathematics, physics, statistics, or another strongly quantitative discipline, or an international equivalent.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Candidates who have applied to a PhD program at Newcastle can get this PhD studentship. All candidates are advised to use through an online postgraduate application system. This support will be awarded automatically to the student if they have successfully taken admission in the required PhD program.
- Supporting Documents: The students must provide these documents:
- Attach a cover letter and CV. The covering letter must state the studentship title, quote reference code MSP037, and state how your interests and experience relate to the project. A cv should list the details of two references.
- Attach degree transcripts and certificates and, if English is not your first language, a copy of your English language qualifications.
- Admission Requirements: To be enrolled in this program, you must check all the entry requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: All the candidates whose first language is not English are asked to provide IELTS 6.5 overall with a minimum of 5.5 in all other sub-skills.
The Newcastle University will award a studentship to deserving candidates. The funding covers 100% of home tuition fees paid and annual living expenses of £15,609.