The Global Computing Group is eagerly awaiting applications from outstanding students for its Fully-Funded PhD Position at IMDEA Networks Institute in Spain. The programme is awarded in the field of Distributed Ledger Systems.
The PhD position is available for talented students who have a strong background on principles of distributed computing, programming, and mathematics.
IMDEA is an institutional framework promoted by the Regional Government of Madrid to perform research of excellence. The Institute has established itself internationally at the forefront in the development of future network principles and technologies.
Why at IMDEA Networks Institute? IMDEA provides a unique opportunity for pioneering scientists to develop their research vision. The Global Computing Group at IMDEA explores distributed computing systems and social networks in the widest sense.
Application Deadline: July 31, 2020
- University or Organization: IMDEA Networks Institute
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Fully-Funded
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- The award can be taken in Spain
- Eligible Countries: If you want to know about the nationality, please contact the employer.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree program in Distributed Ledger Systems.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have a strong interest in principles of distributed systems, distributed ledgers, game theory, mathematics, and economics.
- Must have Programming experience, desirably of distributed systems.
- Experience in research and development and publication of research papers is a plus.
- Excellent analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills.
- Very good organization and communication skills.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the opportunity , all eligible candidates must complete and submit an online application.
- Supporting Documents: Should submit a CV, at least two reference letters, and a motivation letter. All the material has to be submitted through the IMDEA Networks’ hiring portal.
- Admission Requirements: Must have BSc or MSc in computer science, statistics, mathematics, electrical engineering, or a related field.
- Language Requirement: Fluency in written and spoken English is mandatory.
The Global Computing Group is offering a fully-funded PhD position for eligible students. This contract will be 50% co-financed by the European Social Fund.