The University of Delaware is providing an exclusive opportunity to enjoy a fully-funded PhD Position in Microrobotics at the Mechanical Engineering department in the USA. The funding programme is open for the academic year 2020/2021.
The purpose of the PhD project is to develop new soft micron-scale robots that are capable of swimming in complex biological fluids. The student will work on design, fabrication, and control of micron-scale polymer-based soft robots at the University of Delaware.
Established in 1833, the University of Delaware is a well-known research university located in the heart of Delaware, USA. It provides various bachelor’s programs, associate’s programs, master’s programs, and doctoral programs across its eight colleges.
Why would you like to become a part of the University of Delaware? The university is dedicated to excellence in undergraduate and graduate education, research, and service. Here students are prepared to contribute to a global and diverse society that requires leaders with creativity, integrity, and a devotion to service.
Application Deadline: November 15, 2020
- University or Organization: University of Delaware
- Department: Mechanical Engineering Department
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Fully-Funded
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- The award can be taken in the USA
- Eligible Countries: If you want to know about nationality please contact the employer.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree programme in soft micro-robotics.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have a bachelor’s degree in one of the following fields: Mechanical Engineering, Robotics, Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Materials Science, Robotics, MEMS, Control, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
- Masters degree is preferred but not essential.
- Students with strong cell biology and analytical/computational skills are also encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the scholarship, please email your application packages to Dr. Sambeeta Das at samdas-at-udel.edu with the subject title “PhD position in Microrobotics”.
- Supporting Documents: Application must include detailed Curriculum Vitae, name and contact information of three references, and a brief description of the applicant’s research interests.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, applicants need to meet the general entry requirements of the programme.
- Language Requirement: Students must be fluent in spoken and written English.
The University of Delaware will provide fully-funded PhD position in soft micro-robotics at the Mechanical Engineering department for the academic session 2020/2021.