Applications are now being accepted for the 2018/19 Ph.D. Programs at the IMT School for Advanced Studies Lucca one of the six Schools of Excellence in Italy and one of the highest rated graduate schools in Europe according to the most recent U-Multirank survey.
Highly motivated candidates from all disciplines are invited to apply for one of the 36 fully-funded scholarships, which are equally divided between two doctoral Programs that integrate scientific competences of economics, engineering, computer science, neuroscience and behavioral psychology, physics, applied mathematics, statistics, history, and sciences of cultural heritage.
User Review( votes)
IMT School for Advanced Studies Lucca is a public graduate school and research center that focuses on the analysis of economic, societal, technological and cultural systems. The School has been under the direction of Prof. Pietro Pietrini since November of 2015.
University or Organization: IMT School for Advanced Studies Lucca
Course Level: Ph.D. program
Award: 15,343.28 Euros/year
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: All nationalities
The program can be taken in Italy
Application Deadline: Closed
These opportunities are available to students of all nationalities.
Applications are open to candidates who meet the following requirements:
- “Laurea Magistrale” or “Specialistica” (according to DM n° 509, of November 3, 1999), or a four- or five-year degree (according to the previous rules of the Italian higher education system) obtained in Italy;
- Foreign degrees with a minimum duration equivalent to 4 years (full time). The 4-year duration should be considered a minimum but not sufficient requirement: the eligibility of degrees will be assessed by the Selection Committees.
For the selection procedure, candidates are required to upload online the documents indicated in Table 2 – Attachments to the application.
Applicants who obtain their degree by no later than October 31st, 2018 can also apply. These candidates will be admitted to the selection procedure “with reserve” and must provide their degree certificate by the date of enrolment or they will be excluded from the program. These documents may be sent sooner via email (phdapplications-at-imtlucca.it) or via fax (+39 0583 4326565).
Admission to IMT’s PhD program is competitive on an international level, with evaluation mainly focusing on past academic performance (grades) and scientific relevance to the selected Tracks. First and foremost, however, certain basic formal requirements must be met before candidates are eligible to apply. Namely, applicants must have completed and obtained a degree equivalent to at least 4 years of university studies. (Students in their final year of undergraduate study may be admitted on the condition that their bachelor’s degree is awarded before they enroll at IMT.)
Applications are open to candidates without regard to nationality, age, gender or religion. Proficiency in English is compulsory as research and teaching are conducted in English. No knowledge of Italian is requested. Candidates must apply via the online application form by the deadline set in the Call for Applications.
A university degree of at least 4 years or full-time equivalent. For an Italian degree, a “Laurea Magistrale” (or “Specialistica”) or a “Laurea Vecchio Ordinamento”. For foreign degrees, eligibility will be assessed by the Ph.D. Selection Committee.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applications for the Ph.D. Programs can only be submitted electronically. Applicants must fill out the online application form (registration required), providing personal data and attaching the required documents. Basic instructions for the submission procedure will be provided after registration.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants need to provide a copy of the National Identity Card or Passport, curriculum vitae, academic transcript/Diploma supplement, Research Statement.
- language Requirements: Applicants are required to indicate their level of English.
Benefit: Scholarship gross amount: 15,343.28 Euros/year (see article 8).
All Ph.D. students admitted to the Ph.D. program are exempt from paying tuition fees, although they are still responsible for paying the yearly Regional Education Tax (currently €140.00/year);
All Ph.D. students are offered free meals (lunch and dinner) at the on-campus canteen;
All scholarship recipients are provided with free accommodation in shared double rooms within the campus residential facilities.