Applications are now being accepted for PhD studentship opportunity located in the Faculty of Health and Applied Sciences at UWE Bristol in the UK. This studentship is available for Home/EU and Overseas students.
This PhD will have two main aims: The collection and analysis of relevant clinical samples using Gas Chromatography –Mass Spectrometry (GC-MS). GC-MS is a gold standard analytical technique for the analysis of small molecules associated with clinical samples and The investigation of new sensor technologies that can be interfaced to chromatographic systems in order to make rapid diagnostic instruments that can be deployed for near patient testing.
UWE Bristol is a University Alliance university with a common mission to make the difference to our cities and regions. We use our experience of providing high quality teaching and research with real world impact to shape higher education and research policy for the benefit of our students and business and civic partners. We innovate together, learn from each other and support every member to transform lives and deliver growth.
- Applications Deadline: November 5, 2018
- Course Level: Studentship is available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Studentship is awarded in the Faculty of Health and Applied Sciences at UWE Bristol in the UK. The project will be focused on the analysis of volatile markers from the urine of prostate cancer sufferers and hospital controls. There has been much anecdotal evidence of dogs that are able to sniff out cancer.
- Scholarship Award: The studentship will start on 1 January 2019 and consists of an annual tax-free stipend of £14,777, subject to satisfactory progress, for three years. In addition, full-time tuition fees will be covered for the length of the funding period.
The studentship will only fully fund applicants who are eligible for Home/EU fees. Applicants who are normally required to cover international fees will have to cover the difference between the Home/EU and the overseas tuition fee rates.
- Nationality: This studentship is available for Home/EU and Overseas students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: This studentship is available for Home/EU and Overseas students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- A minimum of a good honours degree (minimum of upper second class honours degree) in a relevant scientific discipline (e.g. Chemical, Forensic, Biological or Biomedical Sciences).
- A recognised English language qualification is required.
English Language Requirements: Applications must meet the university’s English Language Requirements.
How to Apply: Download and complete the Graduate School studentship application form and send it directly to the UWE Bristol Graduate School. Please ensure you include the title of the research project you propose to undertake, and detail why you are interested in undertaking this PhD project and what relevant knowledge, experience and qualifications you would bring to the research. Please see the Graduate School studentship application guidance notes for further information about how to complete the application form.