The new three-year fully funded PhD studentship Opportunity is now available on offer available from 1 October 2018 at Queen’s University Belfast, UK. This studentship is available to Home/EU and Overseas students.
Queen’s is committed to welcome students from all over the world and helping them to achieve their ambitions. The Queen’s University Belfast today is an international centre of research and education and a major part of the fabric of Northern Ireland.
User Review( votes)
The Queen’s University will continue to accept the IELTS Academic (both SELT and non-SELT), and TOEFL internet-based tests for direct admission to undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes, if taken within the past two years.
- Applications Deadline: July 13, 2018
- Course Level: Studentship is available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: The Project: Children’s ability to experience the emotion of relief is poorly understood. This PhD project will aim to determine: (1) when the ability to experience relief develops during childhood; (2) how the development of the ability to experience relief relates to developments in children’s abilities to think about time; and (3) whether the emerging ability to experience relief plays a role in children’s decision making.
The project will be based in the School of Psychology at Queen’s University Belfast and be supervised by Professor Teresa McCormack and Dr Aidan Feeney. The successful candidate will be part of a larger interdisciplinary project on relief, funded by the Leverhulme Trust, involving Queen’s University Belfast and the Universities of Warwick and Birmingham.
- Scholarship Award: The studentship is funded by the Leverhulme Trust for three years and the successful candidate will receive fees (at the Home/EU rate) plus an annual maintenance stipend of £14,777. Overseas applicants will be required to cover the annual difference between Home/EU and the overseas tuition fee rates.
- Nationality: Available to Home/EU and Overseas students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: The studentship is open to all applicants although applicants from outside the EU/UK will be required to cover the annual difference between Home/EU and the overseas tuition fee rates.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Candidate requirements: Minimum UK Upper Second Class Honours (or international equivalent) in Psychology. Evidence of an IELTS score (taken within the last 2 years) of 7.0, with not less than 6.5 in any component, or an equivalent qualification acceptable to the University, is required.
English Language Requirements: Universities have the discretion to choose the methods by which they assess the English language competence of students. Queen’s University will continue to accept the IELTS Academic (both SELT and non-SELT), and TOEFL internet-based tests for direct admission to undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes, if taken within the past two years.
How to Apply: You must contact the project supervisor before submitting an application.
Queen’s uses an on-line application system. Full details of this can be found on the Applying to Queen’s pages.
Please alert your potential referees to the fact that you are applying as once your application is submitted an automatic system generates an email to them requesting a reference.