Applications are welcomed from high calibre students wishing to apply for the Fully Funded PhD Studentships based in the School of Architecture, Building and Civil Engineering at Loughborough University.
The studentships are available for domestic, EU and overseas students who want to pursue a research degree program at the university for three years.
The Loughborough University has 20 academic departments and over 100 research groups, institutes and centres. It is a public research university which has been a university since 1966.
Why at Loughborough University? Here, students will take benefits from comprehensive support and guidance from our Doctoral College, including tailored careers advice, to help you succeed in your research and future career.
Application Deadline: February 2, 2020
- University: Loughborough University
- Department: Architecture, Building and Civil Engineering
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: £15,009
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: Any
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Candidates from the UK, EU, and foreign are acceptable.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD support will be awarded in following research areas: architecture, building energy, construction products and processes, construction projects and organization, digital construction, infrastructure, transport and urban planning and water engineering.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- You should have, or expect to achieve, at least a 2:1 honours degree (or equivalent international qualification) in a relevant discipline. Previous applicants have held degrees in civil engineering, physics, mathematics, chemistry, transport, geography and building services engineering.
- A relevant master’s degree and/or employment experience will be an advantage.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: All enthusiastic participants are suggested to take part in a PhD degree program at the university. Once their admission is confirmed, then they can complete the online application form for the award.
- Supporting Documents: You need to upload a personal statement with no more than 300 words along with your qualification and some other information such as family, contact detail, etc.
- Admission Requirements: To apply for the program, candidates must meet the entry requirement for the university.
- Language Requirement: For international applicants must meet English language requirements
Each three-year studentship provides a tax-free stipend of £15,009 a year (2021/20 rates – stipend will rise in line with the level set by UK research councils) for the duration of the studentship plus tuition fees at the UK/EU rate.
International students may apply for these positions, however, funding will only cover tuition fees at the international rate and no stipend will be available – you will be responsible for your own living costs (estimated at £15,000 a year).